HT room preparation: Minimalistic approach

Dr Sarkar

Hello esteemed members. Thank you all for being generous with your resourceful advices so far. As I’m taking baby steps towards learning the nitty gritty of audiophile world, I would like to seek your expert opinion and comments again. This time it’s regarding HT room preparation.
My room size is 10 X 15 ft. My audio/ video eqpt:
Avr: Denon x1400h
Stereo amp: Harman Kardon mas 101
Speaker:
FS : Dali Spector 6
Surrounds: Harman Kardon BS
Center and sub: I would be buying subsequently.
Tv : 55” full HD

The room modification done so far:
Electrical wiring
Floor mat placement ( thick carpet would be placed on top of it )

I’m in a central govt job that makes me move every 2-3 years across the country. Hence I’m not in a position to modify the Govt accommodation that I live in, beyond the785EDA52-5A0E-4183-A4AA-C93FB61377F9.jpegDB91EFA0-D816-4E89-8932-D752F9D7E693.jpeg basics. I would like to seek advice regarding minimalistic room modification that may be undertaken to improve the listening experience. Thanks in advance.

I’m in a central govt job that makes me move every 2-3 years across the country. Hence I’m not in a position to modify the Govt accommodation that I live in, beyond the basics

Don't think you would be in a position to treat the room, also wouldn't be possible to carry acoustics along when you relocate.. You have Denon x 1400 AVR, which has Audyssey room calibration & Multi EQ XT room correction features to help address some of the challenging low freq issues in the room..

Make sure you run the full 8 point room calibration (as suggested on Denon's owner manual) whenever you add / change a speaker (or) its position in the room (or) the room..

Don't think you would be in a position to treat the room, also wouldn't be possible to carry acoustics along when you relocate.. You have Denon x 1400 AVR, which has Audyssey room calibration & Multi EQ XT room correction features to help address some of the challenging low freq issues in the room..

Make sure you run the full 8 point room calibration (as suggested on Denon's owner manual) whenever you add / change a speaker (or) its position in the room (or) the room..
Thanks @elangoas for the input. I was thinking of putting some absorption panels behind the FS, on side walls and back wall with adhesives. Would it be substantial in terms of audio quality ? Or should I leave the Walls as such? I have 3 windows too.

Thanks @elangoas for the input. I was thinking of putting some absorption panels behind the FS, on side walls and back wall with adhesives. Would it be substantial in terms of audio quality ? Or should I leave the Walls as such? I have 3 windows too.

I hope, the ones that you are referring to is the acoustic foams which are sticked to walls.. Don't think adding acoustic foams behind the speakers would be of substantial improvement..

Adding rockwool panels of more thickness can make substantial improvement to the listening experience.. But don't think you can manage to do it, as you have transferable job..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back