HT Setup - A bit on the expensive side.

I have a question here - on a slightly different note - If you get a 5 Channel PA to power the front 3 channels - can you biamp the L/R? If so - how? Considering there is only 1 pre-out from the AVR?
Bi amping needs only a single output from the AVR.

Harman,JBL,Toole and the lot are pushing their propaganda/advertisement. Personally I think Harman is rubbish so is their so called "research". It's all about money, establish a standard, make people believe it and then juice them for products based on that standard.

Yes indeed, you have fun too! :)
Where have you experienced it?
On what basis have you concluded that the research is rubbish?

Because the general guideline of rolled off high frequency is nothing new. I've been using something similar for years before the "research" was published. Saying flat on axis and rolled of off axis isn't anything groundbreaking either. It is marketing, you are free to believe it if you wish.

Bi amping needs only a single output from the AVR.
Alright - my apologies if I am pestering you.

So if I understand correctly - To Bi-Amp lets say front right - I have to -
  • connect the Front Right Preouts from AVR to PA
  • Then connect 4 terminals to the speaker's 4 binding posts - lets say - Front Right and Rear Right on the Amp to the Front Right speaker?
  • Is that correct?

Let me quote an example he just gave me - "in Kill Bill, (the crazy 88 scene) if you can hear every slash of the sword and squirting of blood clearly and it sounds realistic, that is his perfect system, also when it goes back to a quiet scene with dialogue the next scene - it should be quiet with a clear dialogue". I am quoting him as best as I can!

The Revels ought to give him this, but only in a room that allows for these details to be heard. Room treatment, noise isolation are all critical to hearing the nuances your friend craves.

• Then connect 4 terminals to the speaker's 4 binding posts - lets say - Front Right and Rear Right on the Amp to the Front Right speaker?
  • Is that correct?
There are far more better options than to bi amp your speakers..
Which speakers are your planning ?

• Is that correct?
If I recall correctly, if using a 5 channel power amp, the AVR has to be told that two of it's channels are being bi-amped in its settings. Then the same signal will go to the two channels and their preouts can be taken to the power amp and the corresponding speaker outputs to the speakers.

If using independent stereo power amps like the crowns, then the left channel could be connected to one power amp and the right channel to the other with the option to bridge the power amps.

Mono amps are straight forward I guess.

In the speakers, the link between the HF and LF has to be removed. This is important.

If I recall correctly, if using a 5 channel power amp, the AVR has to be told that two of it's channels are being bi-amped in its settings. Then the same signal will go to the two channels and their preouts can be taken to the power amp and the corresponding speaker outputs to the speakers.

If using independent stereo power amps like the crowns, then the left channel could be connected to one power amp and the right channel to the other with the option to bridge the power amps.

Mono amps are straight forward I guess.

In the speakers, the link between the HF and LF has to be removed. This is important.
Crossover ??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back