HT setup Protection against Power Fluctuation

livinston

My setup:
1. sony 40 inch led tv
2. ps3
3. htpc with xbmc
4. yamaha yht 299

I live i Madipakkam, Chennai where there is erratic power supply(Sometimes I can literally hear our home ups switch between battery and main supply pretty fast - about 20 times in 10-15 seconds. There is also the occasional low voltage). Also once my led tv got a dead pixel line in the middle of the screen. Thankfully it was under warranty and the tv got replaced. Since then I'm using the TV and ps3 with a vortex stabilizer 1kva suggested by the technician who replaced the tv under warranty.

Now I have a belkin 4 port surge protector. My AV receiver and htpc are connected to this surge protector. The 1kva vortex voltage stabilizer is also connected to this belkin surge protector. The tv and ps3 are connected to the 1kva vortex voltage stabilizer.

Recently my AV Receiver just didn't power on like described in this thread by a fellow member. I got it fixed by the service center as it was under warranty. The people at the service center told me that the board on the receiver had failed probably due to erratic power supply and had to be replaced. They also told me to use surge protector which I was already using. Should I get another voltage stabilizer and use it between the belkin surge protector and my AV receiver. I still haven't connected my AV Receiver to the power supply since I got it as I'm not sure if the current setup is enough. Can somebody help me out here and advice on whether a surge protector is enough or a stabilizer is required for an AV receiver.

Thanks

I have been using the Digi-200 from V-guard for the past 3-4 years.
The only "digital" stabilizer at that time. Cost me 5K IIRC

I'm using a Vertex stabiliser and find it excellent. Vertex also provides a separate surge protector. Check with them. The Belkin US site says that warranty is void if their surge protector is used in series with any other product like UPS, etc. I wouldn't know the reason for this but just thought that you might like to do some checking into it.
http://www.belkin.com/us/cew/

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back