HT suggested by a local dealer, want ur opinion over it..

rajat.gulati

Amp- poineer 523 (5.1) or poineer 923 (7.2) 36k / 50k
Front - yamaha ns - 8390 22 k
Surround - yamaha nsp - 60 or poinieer aj 5237zt. 14.5 k
Sub - velodyne 24 k

Total 96500 -10000 discount = 86500 round figer 85000.

will see if i can find cheaper online.
Room size 20/17 feet
4k tv
Now please suggest me if I should go with this or should concider to do some changes with it.

Extremely High Pricing for avr. Please Switch to another dealer. He is quoting extravagant prices. Visit some more dealers. However the subwoofer looks good for 24k. Ask him if its brand new? Also Your quotation does not include center channe lspeaker which is very important for 5.1

What is your budget?
Fronts and Center should be of the same make, that being said there are much better options available than Yamaha. You can get a Yamaha AVR, they are quite good but explore other options for speakers first before you finalize Yamaha speakers.

Dali, Usher, Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, PSB, Paradigm, Tannoy, B & W only to name a few. You must do lot of auditioning, very important to hear different setups yourself and compare on your own. Never go by what the dealer is saying or what others opine. That can be a guide but decide only after listening yourself.
With your budget now get a decent AVR, front pair, center and a sub if possible. Get the sub later if at all feasible for you, this will ensure you are getting good quality product and will keep you satisfied for many years.

You can always add the surround and sub later, a few months down the line.

Avoid Yamaha for speakers. They make good AVRs but average speakers. If this is only for movies, go with bookshelves all around. You have a fairly large room and preferably do not use very small speakers. Do audition before you buy. Sister site, hifimart.com, has good pricing.

Dear Rajat, I have this set up...

AVR - Yamaha RX V 477
Front speakers - Yamaha 8390
Surround - NS P60
Sub - JBL 250 P

It's working great....Whom are you buying from in Ludhiana ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back