HTiB advice - JBL 2.1 compatibility?

dasukhija

Hi Folks

I have a 15 by 12 feet living room with one side open (for bedrooms) and currently have Samsung 40B530 full HD LCD TV, Philips 5996 DVD player with HDMI output, JBL Creature II 2.1 speaker set.

I am looking to buy an HTiB upto the range of 25K. I was wondering if I can custom built it and integrate with my JBLs? I love my JBLs.

Alternately, I have been searching through this forum and have figured that following are the popoular HTiBs in the market today. Can anyone suggest which ones to go for?

onkyo 3200 - 21.5K
3100 - 19.5
5205 - 25K on ebay
5200 with ipod dock - 25K
Philips 3571 - 20K

I am a quality freak - I watch a lot of movies and listen to lot of english music (rock/metal). Would love a rich sound. My JBL powered woofer is just awesome right now and of course would want something that can better it.

I watch a lot of HD rips - would like a decent sound system now.

Hoping for lot of inputs. Great forum - keep it going.

Dinesh.

Also folks - please note that I would prefer just AV receiver and the speaker set. I would like to continue using my current philips DVD player. Later on ofcourse I would want the same AV reciever to function with my BluRay player.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back