HTIB budget 35k...... help required

Arora

Hi

I am interested and very much keen on buying a htib for myself .
It would be used 70% for movies and 30% for music

my budget is 35k

i have also shortlisted the denon 390xp as i liked the sound .

Please let me know if there are any other options in my budget which are better than this . or if i should buy a separate amp with 5.1 speakers and which ... and if that would come in my budget

i stay in delhi and if someone is aware please let me know the best rate for the same

Thanks

If you could upgrade your budget few grands more..

Onkyo HTS 6200 is a awsome deal.............Trust me you won't regret it.

You can also look for 5100 which should be between 30-32K range. If you are lucky enough you can find the system at some places.

Thanks.

Last edited:
i have also shortlisted the denon 390xp as i liked the sound .

:thumbsup: Go for it! This denon amp shares lot of its internals with its big brothers - dedicated amp for audio circuitry, discrete amplification, min signal path, etc. The indicated power might seem to be small compared to Onkyo, but that's a conservative number. Trust me, 100 w/ch is really loud for most of the household.

IMO lower end HTIB system from Onkyo (esp speakers) tend to suffer from quality issues. The 3200 I demo'd had the sub running around (i.e., not stable and was moving due to vibration)!

However, let your ears be the good judge - critically listen to the systems that you are contemplating to buy and go for the one you like the most. Good luck! :cheers:

Hmm, it might be, because I saw the price tag stuck to it. original mrp 24 rel price 14k, honestly..... the sound sucked :p But at 14k I suppose just the amp and sub itself would make it worth the money eh? dump the shitty speakers and put new ones. Mind you the sub is passive so... yeah.. bleh

Last edited:
From what I know, the best Philips HT will beat any Sony and any HT from Onkyo at least till 5105 or so.
That would cost 20-25k.

If you want to go a step further, get Polk or Boston or ProFX or such 5.1s for around 20-25k and get a separate receiver from Onkyo, Denon etc for 15-20k. Such a setup would beat any HTiB within your budget.

You can also simply go for A5Bs(19k) or even A2Bs(10k) + Polk PSW110(13k), although these are 2.1s, they will beat most HTs in terms of the sound depth and effect, though you won't get surround sound and you can upgrade this setup later.

Personally, I would recommend either a Polk or better 5.1 or A5Bs + Polk PSW110.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back