HtiB in 10k for 26" LED TV

denom

Banned
Banned
Friend of mine is going in for a 26" LED TV, either LG or Samsung
Needs a HTiB set up to go with it for 10k. (both for his folks)

1) Hall dimensions are 15 X 10 ft
2) Is only for watching movies (kannada)/ serials
3) Hassle free to use (for his folks)

So AV Guru's pls suggest which 26" TV & HTib combo will work best for them. He is to purchase the combo on thursday, hence need your inputs ASAP

Sticking to 26" due to constraints of their wall unit, hence pls do not suggest going for anything above 26". 10k is his max budget for the HTib too.....

TIA

Last edited:
under 10k only option wud be pc based speakers.. logitech or altec lancing and connect them to a dvd player...

altec lancing 5.1
logitech x-240 guess 5.1

wud be far better than other htibs in the same range

there is a Fenda 5.1 channel speaker system not sure about the model number but @ 6500Rs it kicks a__ .......... Its available in Total mall....

Went with my friend to check out the 26" LG LED TV Model 5300. Friend liked it & got a best price of 31825/- against list price of 37k, offer price with Airtel HD stb FOC.... Good offer???

Was offered the Phillips htib Model 3520 with the TV for 9990/-, list price 12500/-

Is the Phillips 3520 htib good for the price offered??? Demo'ed it & he liked it as well....
Any better other htib's available in 10k price bracket????

Await feedback AV guru's.....

Went with my friend to check out the 26" LG LED TV Model 5300. Friend liked it & got a best price of 31825/- against list price of 37k, offer price with Airtel HD stb FOC.... Good offer???

Was offered the Phillips htib Model 3520 with the TV for 9990/-, list price 12500/-

Is the Phillips 3520 htib good for the price offered??? Demo'ed it & he liked it as well....
Any better other htib's available in 10k price bracket????

Await feedback AV guru's.....

About Philips htib, It looks decent for the price..
digital audio-in is missing..but i don't think it will be available at this price range..
It can't be used with HD set top box for 5.1 dolby decoding..
the analog aux audio-in is 2 channel so can't connect other dvdp for 5.1 analog audio either..

last year there was a Philips model 3265 available at 13K with digital audio input..

IMO..There is no point spending above 30K on 26 inch LCD/LED.. flat panels are better for larger size.. CRT rules at small screen size.. ask your friend if he can change his mind and go for a slim 29 inch CRT and spend the rest of the money on a better HTiB..

So friends, its done. My friend purchased the LG5300 LED TV for 29k, with airtel HD bundled FOC with phillips htib 3520 for 9990/-
He is happy with the buy, hence that's what matters.
Wish he was not so rigid to go in for a 26" LED only & also go for what was best available for 10k in the htib dept(he definitely could have upped his budget) Accommodating the TV in the 29" void space in his wall unit was totally paramount for him:indifferent14:

Last edited:
So friends, its done. My friend purchased the LG5300 LED TV for 29k, with airtel HD bundled FOC with phillips htib 3520 for 9990/-
He is happy with the buy, hence that's what matters.
Wish he was not so rigid to go in for a 26" LED only & also go for what was best available for 10k in the htib dept(he definitely could have upped his budget) Accommodating the TV in the 29" void space in his wall unit was totally paramount for him:indifferent14:

Hi,
this is nel from Goa
How is the tv working as i am also planning to by for myself this Diwali as the cost of it in this Ganesh fastival in Goa is Rs. 29990/- and the dealer is ready to give me at 28000/- but he is insisting to wait for Diwali as he is of the opinion that the prices will come down and also there will be some offers for the dealers so he said he can give me that offer too. so awaiting your reply about the review of the LG 26LE5300 model. I have gone through the specification detail and compaired it to sumsung and i feel lg has given more detail then sumsung but another dealer who is friend of mine is ready to give the 26"sumsung LED for Rs.28000/- and insisting to go for it and not for LG but i fill he is getting more on sumsung as he was dealing in both makes but lately he has stopped it as there are no tv's of LG in his showroom
kindly advise.
thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back