Hyderabad - Focal/Morel/Polk car speakers demo.

BLASTO

Hi,

If you have Focal/Morel/Polk car speakers installed in your car and you are in Hyderabad, please let me know.
Want to have a demo.

It is next to impossible to demo car speakers in Hyderabad. If you have any demo options in Hyderabad showrooms, please let me know.

Thanks,

I am not based at Hyderabad but had used all of them. Focal & morel are better than polk audio.

If you like music a bit lively then go for focal & for laid back n natural sound use morel.

out of the list get Focal polyglass component speakers , they cost around 15k nowdays ,

if you want cheaper get HERTZ Energy Components .. should be around 8k

They are best bang for buck .

Polk is out..
Looking for laid back sound, so Morel it is.

Budget is not the limitation but using stock HU surely is.
Mercedes wont support any amps being installed. So only speaker swap.

The morel maximus looks like a good choice being high sensitivity but the cost is closer to tempo ultra which are next level but are not as sensitive.
Deciding between both.

Please suggest morel maximus (not maximo) vs tempo ultra for stock HU.

Polk is out..
Looking for laid back sound, so Morel it is.

Budget is not the limitation but using stock HU surely is.
Mercedes wont support any amps being installed. So only speaker swap.

The morel maximus looks like a good choice being high sensitivity but the cost is closer to tempo ultra which are next level but are not as sensitive.
Deciding between both.

Please suggest morel maximus (not maximo) vs tempo ultra for stock HU.
You are planning only to change stock midbass & tweeter without using crossovers?
The speakers will shine more if you can use a external amplifier with crossovers.

Please check this link.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are planning only to change stock midbass & tweeter without using crossovers?
The speakers will shine more if you can use a external amplifier with crossovers.

Please check this link.

My idea till now is to use the crossovers directly with HU power without an amp. Is it not possible?
My car is a mercedes C-class and has a gazillion sensors. Any electrical fault arising out of third party amp installs are not covered by warrenty and will have hefty repair bills multiple times of the speaker installation itself. Hence was planning to avoid that route. So need a high enough sensitive components to drive out of HU power.

If I did not have this restriction, would have gone all out with DSP/Amp/4 channel speakers with sub. Not considering now.

My idea till now is to use the crossovers directly with HU power without an amp. Is it not possible?
My car is a mercedes C-class and has a gazillion sensors. Any electrical fault arising out of third party amp installs are not covered by warrenty and will have hefty repair bills multiple times of the speaker installation itself. Hence was planning to avoid that route. So need a high enough sensitive components to drive out of HU power.

If I did not have this restriction, would have gone all out with DSP/Amp/4 channel speakers with sub. Not considering now.
You can use the crossovers but the crossover will also consume lot of power from headunit & further reduce the limited power going to speakers.

As far as I know there will already be internal crossovers setting in chain so I think you just replace the speakers i.e Midbass & tweeter.

No amps given in a Mercedes? How many speakers does it have in total? Is there a link to the specs of your car's sound system?

MaSh

No amps given in a Mercedes? How many speakers does it have in total? Is there a link to the specs of your car's sound system?

MaSh

Typically mercs come with Harman kardon Logic 7 12 speaker system which, while not audiophile, is excellent with in own right and is known for excellent sub bass.
Mine is a 2014 E-class with only 2 front and 2 back door-side mids and 2 frontal tweeters diresctly connected to the merc's Audio-20 HU with 20w RMS.
HU is 4 channel (only) and tweeters are directly connected to HU alongside front mids without crossover and sound brachy/shouty and cant raise volume beyond background music levels if you are an audiophile.

The factory 5 year extended warranty is over recently and I thought I no longer need to put up with this shit.. Hence the upgrade plan.
The battery is used for eco mode where the car switches off completely when on halt (to save fuel) and starts of push of accelerator. Excellent feature but will interrupt with audio if not installed by known technicians. Battery is also costly to replace (25k) if something goes wrong. The harman amp is custom made for this purpose and costs a bomb (2L+ for the whole system and still not audiophile). Cannot be retrofitted also even if you wish.
This restricts amps to use, wiring and the personnel who can carry out such work. The service station guys discourage altogether.

Hence thinking of replacing fronts with high efficiency audiophile speakers which has good tweeters and crossovers and generally a warm signature. If the experiment succeeds, will replace the rear channels too.

Thanks,

Sorry it is an E-class and not a C as mentioned in first post. Looks like auto correct or something.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back