I am at the right place at the right time :)

vanarp

Hello FMs,

I am glad that I found this forum and the timing is just awesome :)

Here is some brief intro about my audio journey...

My addiction to audio gear started when I first purchased the SoundMagic PL21 in-ear buds. Could quickly realize the difference in sound and proportionate enjoyment.

The kind of music I listen most are Indian Classical (vocal + instruments) and melodies from mostly South Indian movies. I also listen to relaxation music from across web.

Later, got an opportunity to listen to Bose Companion multimedia speakers at a friend's place and that ignited the desire for better audio gear.

Last year I purchased a Bose Sounddock ii to satisfy my imminent need for better listening experience. The decision for Bose was more driven by its portability (and battery backup) and the fact that I can use both iPod and any other source via Aux. My family really loved the Bose!

Now after nearly an year of owning the Bose, I started realizing that I am missing something. The Bose sounds so boomy to my ears that I reduce the Lows using an equalizer. I stumbled on the audiophile preferred track "Long After You're Gone" (24-bit) and felt it great on my ear buds. But, to get the same experience on Bose took me quite some effort adjusting the equalizer. And that very moment I determined that I need a "better system" and that is how I ended up here.

I have decided to spend couple of months reading the posts here and gaining good knowledge before venturing out to setup my first "component audio system". And that means too many newbie (and occasionally stupid) questions coming from me :)

regards,
vanarp

what exactly you mean bybetter system?

I meant a stereo system where I can clearly listen and enjoy the rendition of all the instruments and vocals involved. I am not able to do that with my Bose Sounddock easily.

I suggest another thing as well. If you can get someone who already has better tuned ears and understanding and a good setup then go and listen at his/her place. You will get many things as bonus.

Test your ears which is controlled by your brain. Know how it works as well.

Thanks Sumanta. I intend to do the same.

By the way, your Photography and Speaker blogs are interesting. I love photography...

Thanks for your appreciation.
I have just now completed a road trip to Kanyakumari via B'lore. You may find it worth reading.

There is a Linn Classik/Kan setup for sale in this forum. if you do not mind used equipment that is an Excellent system at a decent price

Note- no affiliation to the seller and dont know the person

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back