I Auditioned INR 2 Cr. Two Channel System

ISO

Hello friends

Yesterday I was lucky to listen YG Acoustics Sonja 1.3 speakers coupled to Nagra mono blocks.

Some interesting points...

1. Speaker weight 250 Kg each.

2. Speaker diagram made from anodized aluminum.

3. Speaker enclosure made from aluminum.

4. Speakers coupled to Nagra two Mono blocks 1KW rms power in to low impedance speakers.

5. Full system was analog coupled to turn table and separates like phono preamp and integrated preamplifier.

6. Audio lounge at Koregaon park is fully acoustically treated audition room. Totally silent. They even turned off central AC before audition.

Sound: Exceptional clarity in mid range and treble department. Bass was little weak to my taste but still better considering speakers are of sealed type.

Links:
https://audiolounge.in
https://www.stereophile.com/content/yg-acoustics-sonja-13-loudspeaker
http://www.nagraaudio.com/hd-amp/

Attachments

• 713yg.promo_.jpg
    713yg.promo_.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2538.jpg
    IMG_2538.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
2 crores for a 2 channel set-up :cool: Looks great.. If each speaker is 250 Kgs, how do they manage to move it around in the room..:p

Last edited:
Bass is still little weak? At 2 cr they should add sound effects of their own to the song ha ha..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bass is still little weak? At 2 cr they should add sound effects of their own to the song ha ha..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
That just shows nothing can be satisfactory to ones ears & Perfect music system is a Mirage...
Search is perpetual and satisfaction is temporary [emoji16][emoji56][emoji56]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have heard the YG acoustics speaker but not this system. If set up correctly, I think they are superb in extreme resolution and timing. Bass is very dependant on the amplification used. My choice of amplifiers would be the Pass Labs Class A with their warm but precise sound.

I have heard the YG acoustics speaker but not this system. If set up correctly, I think they are superb in extreme resolution and timing. Bass is very dependant on the amplification used. My choice of amplifiers would be the Pass Labs Class A with their warm but precise sound.

Correct.

Bass depends upon so many variables.

I am assuming that they have got the room quite correct. It would be amateurish not to have done so.
Hence I only related to the amplification.

Last edited:
I am assuming that they have got the room quite correct. It would be amateurish not to have done so.
Hence I only related to the amplification.

IMHO amplification will make subtle difference but not much. They connected valve mono block also but did not make difference in bass.

This system misses bigger woofer at the bottom as shown in picture may be the reason.

That is a 10" woofer. It's big. Sealed box speakers need adjusting to. Get so used to the WOOF in the bass, that when a sealed speaker comes along it may sound a bit lean.

That just shows nothing can be satisfactory to ones ears & Perfect music system is a Mirage...
Search is perpetual and satisfaction is temporary [emoji16][emoji56][emoji56]

Well said. :), though there are some basic traits, still to each his own taste.

It looks like the Nagra VPA mono blocks.
These are pure class A amps rated at 50 watts and are designed to drive 4 ohm loads. I have recently heard them powering some inefficient speakers without a whimper.

The YG Sonja is 4 ohm nominal with 88db efficiency which technical should not be a big challenge for the Nagra.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back