I discovered HDMI!

Vj@HiFi

"Hello Vj@HiFi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" So here is conversation at least!

As the title suggests: I discovered HDMI! OK, duh, yes a complete noob reporting here ..

After spending a sizable chunk I chickened out on buying an HDMI cable for my pio 410 to denon 1909 connect. Had tons of regular RCAs with me along with those that jumped out of the pio packing.

Then my brother was visiting from US, so jumped at the opportunity and ordered a few including the HDTV (yes!). :yahoo:

The three dollar cable changed my mind about buying a sub, at least for now. Poor Denny has one which I ordered. But that will soon change, once I have mustered enough courage and more importantly spare moolah.

Cheers

Then my brother was visiting from US, so jumped at the opportunity and ordered a few including the HDTV (yes!). :yahoo:

You ordered an HDTV from the US? Shipping must be too costly!

The three dollar cable changed my mind about buying a sub, at least for now.

Strange! HDMI cable changed your mind about buying sub? How? Sounds very interesting.

Well at least the conversation got going... :)

anm, shipping was free to my brother's home! :) I got wdtv for about $100. The cable changed the overall 'density' of music that I started getting from my wharfedale diamond 9.6s. The very reason I bought them from Denny was the warm rich sound that I heard at the audition. I also got an optical cable, just so that I don't miss it when i need it!

When I was using the RCAs, I made up my mind about buying the sw150 and Denny had to order one from his dealer from Bangalore in the colour I wanted. Now that I don't find the bass 'lacking' my sub buying priority has shifted to getting that big screen tv (plasma or lcd is a debate I am still following keenly here).

So fran_elite, that's the hdmi input my subs in the diamonds got.

Good to know Vijay is happy as he's found what he's been looking for.:yahoo:

BTW can I borrow your spare IC. CAn I drop by on sat

Kindest regards
helium

helium,

your visit is overdue.. do come over and do an audition of my setup. Will you get your equipment too?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back