I do not agree to these 100% but most of it.!! Few Good reads..

Good articles to read. Even I too agree with some of the things written in those articles and few others things have been over simplified as well.

Debates ??? :eek: :sad: :mad: :indifferent14:

As long as the species "homo sapiens" exist on this planet, that will never stop ... Every animal belonging to that species believes in one way or the other that their thoughts are superior to the others. So, nothing else can be said about that :eek: ;)

Now, I am being one among that species, it will be an insult if I don't throw anything into the debate. Here is my point - All the confusions, unwanted debates, arguments, counter arguments will take a back seat the moment the manufacturer of the audio component(s) provide some objective data apart from making some marketing claims.

God Bless this thread ;) :lol:

Scepticism is the best thing the industry can face. It demands real, proven results, not marketing hogwash and appeals to the mechanisms of faith and gullibility.

Until we have much more of it, certain manufacturers will simply to continue to laugh their way to their banks with our money.

I am of the opinion that supply follows demand and as a buyer you should take the time to educate yourself. Manufacturers are obliged to make goods to match certain market driven price points. The trouble starts when buyers buy products without doing the requisite market research and performance does not match expectations.

Matters get more difficult when your tastes get more evolved and you start looking for higher quality ...

There were times when companies pumped money into R&D to create really innovative products, without worrying about demand. And yes, they could do it.
But now they are in cost cutting mode.
It appears that unless they are sure that the product will enhance the quality and also there are takers, they are not investing money.
They are happy with budget products.
Unless there are ruthless passion chasers who are ready to burn their fingers , there will not be new innovations.

Nobody is going to make a product for which there is no market, but 'luxury' products continue to sell to the rich, even in hard times. Of course, if those wealthy flock to companies who say "we are marketing company, not an engineering company," making their products aspirational to many, many others, then we are in a spiral of lunacy.

Nobody is going to make a product for which there is no market, but 'luxury' products continue to sell to the rich, even in hard times. Of course, if those wealthy flock to companies who say "we are marketing company, not an engineering company," making their products aspirational to many, many others, then we are in a spiral of lunacy.

The terms rich and luxury are very relative. So why does anyone flock to so and so company?
Brand? Reputation? Status? Recommendations by well regarded experts ...

That is why the Stereophile Recommended Components list came about in the first place.
To their credit, even they've started their Class C & D categories - and the recently started Class E "entry level" specially for speakers category.

The terms rich and luxury are very relative.

Indeed they are. And the trade has that sussed. For instance--- You "should" budget 10% for cables.

I suppose I probably first heard that from Richer Sounds, London, and, as a trused company, I never doubted it until recently.

What? 1,000 system should have 100-worth of cables? And a 10,000 system should have 1,000 worth of cables? The system is ten times better, so the cables need to be ten times more expensive to also be ten times better? An absolutely industry constructed myth.

Yes. True that there might not be conceivable difference between a 100 and a 1000 copper wire even if the higher end wires have 99.9999% pure copper.
But my question is that should we compromise the purity in a system because there is more wax in my left ear?

Well, how pure is the wax in your ear? ;)

But my question is that should we compromise the purity in a system

Define your "purity." Is it compromised by the very presence of a tone control? Do you think that if the amplifier is designed and engineered to your complete satisfaction, that the workmanship on the tone/balance control would be any less? Why should that be?

We could always compromise on tone/balance controls with a defeat switch :D

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back