I recently bought an used "Technics SL-Q3" Direct Drive TT

Brajendu

I recently bought an used "Technics SL-Q3" Direct Drive TT from OLX :yahoo:...this was referred to me by the always helpful MALVAI from this forum from my other post. I'm very thankful to Malvai for this.

The TT is is perfectly working condition, I tested it while buying. It has a Headshell but it doesn't have a Cartridge, so I'm looking out for a suitable Cart. Our FM @Shachu suggested few links:
www.kabusa.com where the Shure M97XE is costing $68 + $21 (shipping)
AND
Ortofon OM 10 Super Phono Cartridge

I also tried to look at Needle Doctor where the Shure M97XE is costing $89 + $22 (shipping).

There's a difference of approx $20 between Kabusa & NeedleDoctor, so I inquired the Indian dealer from Delhi SunGroup who says that this Shure M97XE cart will cost Rs 5500/-.

Anybody has dealt with this SunGroup dealer named as JD? And how long it takes to get the Order from NeedleDoctor and other dealers from abroad? Kindly let me know.

Call Jimmy Norohna on 9820035989 - Electronic Emporium Mumbai. Chck which ones he has in stock first!
address
behind lamington rd naaz cinema compound

They are the dealers for Shure & have the cartridges, supplied from the SunGroup who are the distributors based in delhi.

Have interacted with both, good people.

:)

I bought it off ebay and cost me Rs 3750 inclusive of SnS shipping+customs+Octri. Just tell them to mention as tools. I replaced the Ortofon Pro S which you heard at the time of visit to my place.

Congrats for your purchase, and welcome to club. :)

Call Jimmy Norohna on 9820035989 - Electronic Emporium Mumbai. Chck which ones he has in stock first!
address
behind lamington rd naaz cinema compound

They are the dealers for Shure & have the cartridges, supplied from the SunGroup who are the distributors based in delhi.

Have interacted with both, good people.

:)
Thanks a lot Dave for your info exactly where I can get it, I spoke to them and they sell it for 5500/-.

I bought it off ebay and cost me Rs 3750 inclusive of SnS shipping+customs+Octri. Just tell them to mention as tools. I replaced the Ortofon Pro S which you heard at the time of visit to my place.

Congrats for your purchase, and welcome to club. :)
Hi Mishra... I'm so much thankful to you first for remembering me:)...though I couldn't respond you that time when I was interested and visited your home for the TT that you were selling. I was kind of not sure if I should go for that...

Anyway I couldn't resist my temptation of possessing a TT:licklips: so finally bought this used TT. and now I'm in the vinyl club...:eek:hyeah: and a kid beginning to learn this great journey!!!

Hey where did U get the Shure M97 for Rs 3750? I searched in ebay but nothing is less tha Rs 6000. Can U kindly let me know the URL?

Hi Mishra... I'm so much thankful to you first for remembering me:)...though I couldn't respond you that time when I was interested and visited your home for the TT that you were selling. I was kind of not sure if I should go for that...

Anyway I couldn't resist my temptation of possessing a TT:licklips: so finally bought this used TT. and now I'm in the vinyl club...:eek:hyeah: and a kid beginning to learn this great journey!!!

Hey where did U get the Shure M97 for Rs 3750? I searched in ebay but nothing is less tha Rs 6000. Can U kindly let me know the URL?

Om has bought it from a J&LR music.That was the best price he was selling on Amazon and Ebay.I think he doesn't have stock of Shure carts.You can buy it from kabusa.com @ $57,shipping would be $15(approx)
Indian retailers are selling at very high prices.

Regards,
Sachin

Om has bought it from a J&LR music.That was the best price he was selling on Amazon and Ebay.I think he doesn't have stock of Shure carts.You can buy it from kabusa.com @ $57,shipping would be $15(approx)
Indian retailers are selling at very high prices.

That's fantastic price. I bought mine from Electronic Emporium for 5.5K (IIRC).

Back