ICE for Honda Amaze

amitksvs

Hi guys,
I will be getting my Honda Amaze E-MT (basic model) soon. and since it will not have ICE with it I need to get one in it.
Please suggest me a VFM set up with a Head Unit and 2 front and 2 rear LSs, would I need an AMP too? I would love to have a touch screen based system with provision for adding up a reverse assist system and Navigation system in near future. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I will be getting my Honda Amaze E-MT (basic model) soon. and since it will not have ICE with it I need to get one in it.
Please suggest me a VFM set up with a Head Unit and 2 front and 2 rear LSs, would I need an AMP too? I would love to have a touch screen based system with provision for adding up a reverse assist system and Navigation system in near future. Thanks in advance.
My first car was Maruti Esteem LX way back in 1999. It had no in-built stereo. In my enthusiasm and zest, I spent 25K on a very good stereo from Pioneer. But later on I realized that it was a waste of good earned money (note that 25K of 1999 should be like 50K today). When you sell the car, there is no value to attached accessories. It is just that they help to sell the car sooner. Honda Amaze is not a top of the line car. Save your money and don't spend a lot on ICE for the car. How much time are you going to spend in a car? If it not more than 2 hours at most per week day and if mostly the car will be in parking lot on the weekends, then I suggest:

- a good CD player + 4 spk not more than 10K
- DVD based video system is a total waste of money simply because the audio is not Dolby digital, there is no 5 channel sound, the .1 subwoofer will eat up your boot space, and the LCD viewer is a big drain on the battery. Besides if you are the driver, you will never enjoy it yourself. You can buy a portable DVD player instead.
- avoid touchscreen navigation system; your smartphone can do this job; you can think of a docking station (just a holder) for your smartphone and a car-charger both worth no more than Rs. 350
- reverse assist: The Amaze is a small car and as such may not require a reverse parking assist but if you must then you can settle for a system with on-dash LCD indicator worth Rs. 4500; don't go for the one which has a clip-on mirror as this mirror is not day/night type

Of course, if you are the one who will spend 4-6 hours per day in the car, you may indulge yourself slightly and then sky is the limit.

Hi guys,

Congrats for the Amaze. First check with the Honda guys on warranty implications. I would advice to stay on stock if that affects the warranty. Some like Maruti is more lenient. But some like Hyundai are not so.

Regarding the setup, note that ICE in car costs more to achieve similar SQ in Home / Desktop setup. I have spent upper of 80K on my ICE. There are many who spent more than few lakhs on it. Again, you get what you pay for. I would advice not to go for 2 din HUs. Invest in good single din and get speakers with good sensitivity. Check the Fs of the speaker. Lower the Fs, the better. You can get more than decent SQ from that

But later on I realized that it was a waste of good earned money

It also depends on how you look at it. I spend 2hrs a day on the road with heavy traffic. And music is the only nirvana for me. In fact, now i love to drive in traffic :p. Helps me not to get into road rage. And the drive is more enjoyable.

Last edited:
In fact, now i love to drive in traffic :p. Helps me not to get into road rage. And the drive is more enjoyable.

Mat, just curious what is the ususal volume level for you in traffic driving conditions, does it vary for highway driving.

sir
there is not much margin in entry level systems especially in mumbai
a visit to milan subway or opera house will give you neat installers with very reasonable pricing and advice

A good installer is more important that a theoretical good system

a JVC front panel with JBL GT5rangefront coaxials and GT5 6*9's inthe rear should suffice for entry level need
coaxial GT5 series JBLs canbe had in 2-3k
the rear GT5 speakers can be had in 3k
your JVC front end should be about 12-15k

if you are looking at an amp then you also need to look at components for the front insteadof co axials
A decnet 4 channelamp will set you back about 7k
composnts from JBL can be had in under 5k

Mat, just curious what is the ususal volume level for you in traffic driving conditions, does it vary for highway driving.

In traffic, just enough to mute the annoying bikers horn. That is when i drive straight without zig zag heroics. I mute it when i hit a junction. Highway driving is worse. You can't overpower road noise. If you try, you will go deaf. Someone reading this can say that is unsafe. But actually, i have become quite alert to what i see in the 3 mirrors. I learned to drive in USA where no one uses the horn. Naturally, you need to be alert to drive safe. You don't need to depend on horns to drive safe.

I recently bought a Honda Amaze, I am not able to find any speakers which could fit the shallow space in the rear parcel tray.

Have you installed any speakers in the rear, please post pics if possible.

Go for a 500W Power Inverter and use what you prefer...at home..
Just be careful about the speaker's impedence existing in your Amaze!

I recently bought a Honda Amaze, I am not able to find any speakers which could fit the shallow space in the rear parcel tray.

Have you installed any speakers in the rear, please post pics if possible.

Hi Nikhil, Would you please elaborate on that problem of shallow space? I am also getting Honda AMAZE base model which doesn't have any stock ICE, so am looking for a good SQ setup preferably within 20k. Please share what you went for. Thanks.

Hey Amit,

The rear tray in Honda Amaze has a very shallow space which doesn't allow you to put speakers more than 4 inches in it, with a lot of R&D and help of Mr. Rana at Driven (Lajpat Nager) we were able to find a perfect shallow mount speaker to fit in the space. We have fixed Digital Designs 6.5 inch Coaxial now and it has a excellent vocal signature.

Current setup:
HU - Pioneer 1590 DVD
Front Components - Focal 165 A1.
Rear Coaxials - Digital Designs CXS 6.5
Amplifiers - RF R250-4, Alpine V12.
Subwoofer - JBL 12"

Note - Please do not buy the central locking system from Honda, its pathetic. Paid them 4800 rs for a cheapo Blackcat, then removed it and fixed an Autocop Trackpro now.
4800 wasted :(.

Hey Amit,

The rear tray in Honda Amaze has a very shallow space which doesn't allow you to put speakers more than 4 inches in it, with a lot of R&D and help of Mr. Rana at Driven (Lajpat Nager) we were able to find a perfect shallow mount speaker to fit in the space. We have fixed Digital Designs 6.5 inch Coaxial now and it has a excellent vocal signature.

Current setup:
HU - Pioneer 1590 DVD
Front Components - Focal 165 A1.
Rear Coaxials - Digital Designs CXS 6.5
Amplifiers - RF R250-4, Alpine V12.
Subwoofer - JBL 12"

Note - Please do not buy the central locking system from Honda, its pathetic. Paid them 4800 rs for a cheapo Blackcat, then removed it and fixed an Autocop Trackpro now.
4800 wasted :(.

Thanks for the reply Nikhil.
Where did you get this setup installed? at the Dealership itself or somewhere outside? if it was done outside, didn't the dealer raise the issue of warranty going void?
My dealer's accessory guy is making a good deal of fuss about getting the ICE fitted from outside and neither are they willing to install the components (of entire ICE) I want to procure from outside (as they don't have many options). He also said that I wouldn't get the accessories (like couplers, fitting brackets and spacers etc) to fit the ICE if I don't take the entire package from Honda. Please throw some light on all these issues especially the availability of couplers, spacers (for speakers) and brackets etc required, in case I don't buy the kit from Honda. I want to have a Pioneer HU and Rockford Fosgate speakers for Amaze-E-MT.

Thanks for the reply Nikhil.
Where did you get this setup installed? at the Dealership itself or somewhere outside? if it was done outside, didn't the dealer raise the issue of warranty going void?
My dealer's accessory guy is making a good deal of fuss about getting the ICE fitted from outside and neither are they willing to install the components (of entire ICE) I want to procure from outside (as they don't have many options). He also said that I wouldn't get the accessories (like couplers, fitting brackets and spacers etc) to fit the ICE if I don't take the entire package from Honda. Please throw some light on all these issues especially the availability of couplers, spacers (for speakers) and brackets etc required, in case I don't buy the kit from Honda. I want to have a Pioneer HU and Rockford Fosgate speakers for Amaze-E-MT.

Hi Amit,

There are a few dealers who make a fuss about warranty if the ICE is fitted outside but a few do not. Check out a few service stations nearby you will find some who don't mind.

You wont be able to find couplers like Honda uses in the aftermarket but you can find good quality couplers and connect the ICE setup without cutting the wires. You only need spacers for the rear tray, the front door supports 6" components directly. I have installed 6" Focals in the front doors and a digital design shallow mount CSX6.5 in the rear tray.

Taking the entire package from Honda is not an option, they are selling the HU alone at 45K.

hey nikhil,

am also gonna get my honda amaze soon, wanted to know if an amplifier will be necessary if i install component and co-axial speakers.

You can connect the components and coaxials directly but the output is not good, go for a 4 channel amp as per you budget, it makes a lot of difference.

I will post a few pictures of my ICE installation today.

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for starting this post. Can you please reveal the exact model of Alpine V12 amp and JBL 12 Subwoofer and how much did you paid for each component in your current setup.

Thanks !!!

I dont remember the exact specs of the devices as I have replaced them now, but I remember the Price.

Apline V12 was bought for 3200 rs. and the Sub-woofer was bought for 5500 rs.

Now I am using Focal Solid 1 Mono Amp bought for rs. 11K and I am replacing the JBL Sub with a new Focal p30 12" sub worth rs. 7K

Go with Polk audio marine speakers in front and back. Poineer s the best for Polk speakers. Amp, u can choose Any 4 channel only.
Polk s little costly. Abt 6500. But the quality is 101% guaranteed. None other speakers can giv such a quality. Model names are DXI 6501, DB6501

My amaze came with 4 speakers installed.. I am now planning on Rockford Fosgate - Punch Series - PBR300X4 - 300 Watt BRT Full Range 4-Channel Amplifier..

Can someone throw light if i need to change my speakers or add components ? and which ones?

Thanks

hey dsinghania

Congratulations on your purchase and wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
IMO there is no need of amp. I also had amaze emt and my setup is:

Head Unit: pioneer avh x8590bt
speaker front and rear: rockford punch series p16-s components

I am getting really decent sound and bass also with it.As you know in rare tray there is not so much space for coaxial speaker so i decide to fit components in both sides.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back