ICE for Honda Amaze

threeonethree

Hi,

I am travelling to Delhi to get ICE installed in my Honda Amaze. Please suggest something in 10k - 25k range.

I need the HU + Speakers . A single DIN will be good enough.

Hi , car audio is just as complicated in terms of sound as the world of hi-fi home audio. You might have to elaborate your taste of music for us members to suggest what combo could be best for you. you have a pretty good budget and you don't have to spend 25k if done right. So what do you listen to while driving.

I listen to mostly edm / hip hop / r&b / rock.

I got a system installed from one of the popular shops in Delhi. It included a single Din Pioneer HU for Rs 5500 , Pair of 6.5 front components from hertz , and pair of 5 coaxials from hertz in the back. Also wiring for Rs 800 and damping for front doors for Rs 1800. The total cost of this came out to be Rs 19000.

However, I was disappointed with the sound quality as it was so flat that my my mobile phone speakers and a portable Bluetooth speaker did a better job. The bass was non existent without the woofer. I inquired, and they quoted another 20k for decent subwoofer + amp addition.

They offered to remove everything if i was not satisfied and i agreed. Removed/returned everything except the wiring and the damping and spent around 2.2k and still without a sound system in my car.

I listen to mostly edm / hip hop / r&b / rock.

I got a system installed from one of the popular shops in Delhi. It included a single Din Pioneer HU for Rs 5500 , Pair of 6.5 front components from hertz , and pair of 5 coaxials from hertz in the back. Also wiring for Rs 800 and damping for front doors for Rs 1800. The total cost of this came out to be Rs 19000.

However, I was disappointed with the sound quality as it was so flat that my my mobile phone speakers and a portable Bluetooth speaker did a better job. The bass was non existent without the woofer. I inquired, and they quoted another 20k for decent subwoofer + amp addition.

They offered to remove everything if i was not satisfied and i agreed. Removed/returned everything except the wiring and the damping and spent around 2.2k and still without a sound system in my car.
Given the budget of 25k and requirement of good bass, you definitely require a subwoofer. Your best bet would be to invest in a powerful 4 channel amp, front components and a subwoofer.
Also given the price of the wiring I can imagine it to be poor quality. You would be better off changing it.
You could also look at second hand options here in the classifieds as that would give you better bang for buck.
Some pointers:
1. Make sure to audition before you buy
2. Do get a fuse in your wiring. I have seen installers skip it.
3. Make sure you get complete new speaker wires to the speakers from amp and don't use any part of old stock wiring.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back