ICE for Hyundai Verna Fluidic

lover.mercedes

I recently got home a Hyundai Verna Fluidic. Wasn't quite satisfied with the audio stuff, so thought of an upgrade. Now, I have done the following :
1. Changed the 4 stock speakers to Alpine SPS 600 speakers
2. Added a Hertz HE 4 Amplifier ( 4 channel )
3. Added a JBL GT-X1250T Subwoofer Tube

Now, what I wanted to get done was to amplify the rear door speakers (2 channels there) and to connect the other 2 channels to the Sub. Now, the mechanic after tearing and cutting the entire wiring of my stock HU :annoyed::annoyed: , says that the rear door speakers cannot be amplified because there are no pre-outs in my stock HU. After a few more experiments with joining of wires, and a bit more cutting(apparently he was trying to amplify the rear door speakers), I got a hissing sound as soon as I started the vehicle and accelerated.:sad: He said something silly like " iss HU main aap output nikalwaa dijiye, kaam ho jaayegaa. " Now what does that mean ? Isn't it possible without all that hassle ???:sad:

Now, after all the tearing and cutting of wires, he has just connected 2 channels of the Amp to the Sub and the 4 speakers run on their own ( no amplification ). Hmmm, I feel cheated man !

Now how do I go about it ? should I fit 6x9 ovals ? can they be fitted on the parcel tray of this vehicle ? is it necessary ? I'm not getting the kind of sound I wished for !!

Please help me ..... Thanks in advance , members !

Guys,
I have the same issue. The front stock speakers are pretty good, I have put a Polk 10 inch subwoofer and a 2 channel amp to power the Sub.
The problem is the rear speakers are not powerful compared to front so when I play the music the person sitting in the rear seat only hear d sub and no vocals or highs.
If I use the fader and shift the music to the rear, it still is extremely low and the woofer sound goes down considerably because the woofet output is going from the front speaker wires so fading the music to rear reduces the woofer. The head unit doesn't have sub woofer output that's the reason such an issue.
My question is:-
1. Are all the 4 stock speakers of same wattage?
2. If all 4 stock speakers are same then it's something to do with the head unit and to fix this , I will need to buy a 4 channel amp to amplify the rear speaker and front speakers can be powered by the head unit itself.
3. If the rear speakers are of low wattage and quality then just replacing the rear speakers with better ones will solve the problem.
4. So my doubt is to buy a new 4 channel amp or nee rear speakers or add 2 tweeters at the rear also.
please help me

Hi lover.mercedes,

This is what you have right now,

1. Alpine SPS 600 speakers X 4
2. Hertz HE 4 Amplifier ( 4 channel ) X 1
3. JBL GT-X1250T Subwoofer Tube X 1
4. Stock Head Unit

I would prefer the following 2 options with less budget.

Option 1:
----------
Buy a Hi To low converter and connect it to your HU. There are several Products available from china also(I used to have a Rockford Fosgate) ranges from 900 INR.

Example :
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/focal-hilo-hi-low-convertor/254366.

Once you have a Hi To Low converter connect it to your HU and power up your 4 coaxial's using the Hertz Amplifier.

Buy a 2 channel amp or if budget permits get a monoblock amplifier and power up your JBL subwoofer that will do the magic.

These things will make your ICE good.

Option 2:
---------

Buy a HU, you can get a Dual Din for 7k in the local market or online, that will eliminate you buying the Hi-Low converter (There are possibilities the installers may screw that installation also and they will ask you to go for HU again) and go for a Mono Block or 2 channel amplifier to power up you sub.

There is nothing like that you cant connect amplifier in rear door and all.. Its all about the installer, Believe me it hurts when you see those guys screw the wiring in the car and handling the doors for making extra holes (it literally make holes in heart :D).

7K for HU and 3.5 for a Additional Amplifier makes a huge different in your ICE and believe me you dont need to change it for a couple of years. Later if you want to upgrade your ICE, just change your Speakers. Your existing Amplifiers will support.

The long time solution for this is Option 2 :)

Last edited:
Guys,
I have the same issue. The front stock speakers are pretty good, I have put a Polk 10 inch subwoofer and a 2 channel amp to power the Sub.
The problem is the rear speakers are not powerful compared to front so when I play the music the person sitting in the rear seat only hear d sub and no vocals or highs.
If I use the fader and shift the music to the rear, it still is extremely low and the woofer sound goes down considerably because the woofet output is going from the front speaker wires so fading the music to rear reduces the woofer. The head unit doesn't have sub woofer output that's the reason such an issue.
My question is:-
2. If all 4 stock speakers are same then it's something to do with the head unit and to fix this , I will need to buy a 4 channel amp to amplify the rear speaker and front speakers can be powered by the head unit itself.
3. If the rear speakers are of low wattage and quality then just replacing the rear speakers with better ones will solve the problem.
4. So my doubt is to buy a new 4 channel amp or nee rear speakers or add 2 tweeters at the rear also.
please help me
Hi Tarini,

Here we go your answers :)

All the 4 stock speakers will be of same watts and ohms.

If you get a 4 channel AMP power up all the 4 channels using the amplifier, again you may feel the sound is not so good and excited at high or considerably medium volumes. Then you may need to change the speakers :) to get the desired quality of music.

As mentioned earlier all the 4 speakers will be of same watts and ohms, Changing the speakers and adding an Ampifier will do the magic.

One thing you can do since you didnt buy an amplifier so far, You can find some amplifier where you can give High inputs to the amplifier, that will eliminate using or changing the HU or using Hi Low converter.

please help me.

Buy a 4 channel with high level input option and change the speakers to get a good quality. Rather than adding tweeters, you can go for component speakers.

Hi Tarini,

Here we go your answers :)

All the 4 stock speakers will be of same watts and ohms.

If you get a 4 channel AMP power up all the 4 channels using the amplifier, again you may feel the sound is not so good and excited at high or considerably medium volumes. Then you may need to change the speakers :) to get the desired quality of music.

As mentioned earlier all the 4 speakers will be of same watts and ohms, Changing the speakers and adding an Ampifier will do the magic.

One thing you can do since you didnt buy an amplifier so far, You can find some amplifier where you can give High inputs to the amplifier, that will eliminate using or changing the HU or using Hi Low converter.

please help me.

Buy a 4 channel with high level input option and change the speakers to get a good quality. Rather than adding tweeters, you can go for component speakers.

Thanks for the info, I do have a 2 channel amp that powers the sub. When the fader is set to middle, the rears are too low so I think I can put component in rear too instead of tweeters as you said but tweeters will be cheaper it seems.

I too have a verna fluidic . Output from rear speakers is not good even when all the speakers are of the same make . So i connected the rear speakers directly to Head units front output and the components that are fitted in the front doors are fed via an amplifier which is connected to the head units rear speaker output . Still there isnt any jump ofaudio quality of the rear speakers .

Hi,
I changed the rear speakers to alphine components. Added Pioneer 13" sub tube, bought a 4channel amp and split the rear 2 channels to components and sub.
The output is pretty good now. A 10" lenovo yoga tab helps satisfy the movie requirements.

my first car is Hyundai i10. cant satisfied with the A.C. but then i buy Hyundai verna. when i buy this car i only implement BASS system in it. otherwise it all good.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back