ICE help for i20 magna

shadyzbck

Hi guys this is my first post. I recently got my i20 magna crdi. I didn't like the music system in the car and wish to upgrade it in two stage process. I will be retaining the stock head unit in the car an will b changing the speakers only. I have two options in mind now....

Option 1: Get a 4 channel amp(JBL), components(JBL) and 6*9 coax(JBL GTO 949) that will go on to the rear parcel tray. All the speakers will be connected to the amplifier.

Option 2: 4 channel amp, components for the front doors and 12 inch sealed sub. Components and sub connected to the amp leaving the stock rear door speakers untouched.

Which option would be better in terms of sound quality for first stage upgrade?

First try to find out if you like music from the speakers mounted on the door or mounted behind on the tray. Once you find the optimal speaker placement you can start looking at brands and models.The speaker choices would depend on your preference of music as well. TeamBHP forum should help you on ICE front.

hi,
In my opinion 2nd option is the one you should look at.Because you would need to 2 channels to power the front components and 2 channels to power the subwoofer.

I have a similar set up-jbl 4channel which powers the front components(Infinity) and the subwoofer(Infinity).For rear i have oval speakers(Polk) which i connected directly to my head unit.

Invest in good components.Let the stock speakers be at the rear.
I think this would suffice.

Happy hunting.

Dijeesh.

Hi

I have the same model of the car. I replaced both the head units as well as the speakers. I already had the 2 din pioneer 3200bt which I bought from US so went to EVO in Bangalore and replaced the head unit and checked the car speakers and it was crap. I immediately replaced them with front JL audio components and coaxials at the back. All have been mounted in the same place of the earlier speakers in the door. The music came alive. I suggest you use damping if you hear loud music. I do not hear loud music but if I increase the volume above 70% the doors start rattling. Mine is also 6 months old car. But still with the kind of sound that JL audio speakers produces I did not felt the need for a sub at all. Hope it helps in your decision making.

Thanks.

Thank you guys for the input to my query.

I've decided to for JBL components and coaxials. Will both components and coaxials produce enough thump in terms of bass(not expecting as much as the subwoofer bass) when driven by amplifier? If they produce some good bass I will go with them for time being and will add a monoblock and subwoofer later on.

Also the stock Headunit doesn't have any preouts, so I should use a speaker level to line level converter for that. Will that converter effect the sound quality?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back