ICE upgrade for Octavia

milestoneseeker

Hi all,

What would be a good set up for an Octavia without affecting the warranty of the set up due to slicing of wires? Is it possible to get an upgrade through a pure sub/amp upgrade while retaining the core speaker set up?

Hey how old is ur octavia? I just got an octavia L&K last month with canton speaker setup.

Hi all,

What would be a good set up for an Octavia without affecting the warranty of the set up due to slicing of wires? Is it possible to get an upgrade through a pure sub/amp upgrade while retaining the core speaker set up?
Suggest you to look at the car audio threads, decide your budget and your goals.
It is possible to upgrade without voiding warranty. And it is possible to just add a sub and amp and retaining stock speakers. That's how I kept my system for some years.

Suggest you to look at the car audio threads, decide your budget and your goals.
It is possible to upgrade without voiding warranty. And it is possible to just add a sub and amp and retaining stock speakers. That's how I kept my system for some years.
The trouble is that I have not really followed the car ICE scene so now I do not know what are the good combos out there. For an appro 50K, what sort of set ups are we looking at with stock speakers? I will surely browse the threads but was keen to get a leg up with an initial view.

The trouble is that I have not really followed the car ICE scene so now I do not know what are the good combos out there. For an appro 50K, what sort of set ups are we looking at with stock speakers? I will surely browse the threads but was keen to get a leg up with an initial view.
If you have a budget of 50k then its quite sufficient to upgrade even your front speakers + a sub + an amp.
So I would recommend budget allocation as follows -
Front components - 15k
Sub - 10k
Amp - 15k
Damping front doors - 2k
Speaker wire + rca + power wires - 5k (could be cheaper if went diy way)
Loc - 3-4k
And if you get it all at one place there should not be any installation charges.
Look at my ice upgrade thread you will get some idea for low budget install.

Why not get a good exhaust and a remap instead? ;)

If its the new 5E Octavia, you have to take the HU into consideration. Ideally, get a DSP and take it forward from there. Most stock speakers are nothing great. If you want to retain those, get a 5 channel amplifier and add a sub.

As a first step you can change your front speakers and add a 4 channel amp See that your front components are best and take maximum from your budget. Some recommended speakers brands morel, rainbow, Helix, focal. Then you can add a sub and increase your amp based on requirement.

Why not get a good exhaust and a remap instead? ;)

If its the new 5E Octavia, you have to take the HU into consideration. Ideally, get a DSP and take it forward from there. Most stock speakers are nothing great. If you want to retain those, get a 5 channel amplifier and add a sub.

Sorry for the terribly late reply :) I assume this is Shuvc I am replying too! I did not move on the audio set up as I realized money is better spent on either fuel the the RS is guzzling or a nice Stage 1 APR tune. For now, focused on the fuel bit while Stage 1 remains a target for next year. A nice Remus exhaust will set me back by ~1.5L so not a priority item for now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back