ICEing a Santro - By Craftel

madbullram

I have been looking for a good Audio installer in chennai and the good ones are exorbitantly expensive and some expensive ones with reputation are extremely pathetic. They jusy do some cine actor audio system and start acting god. Anyway, this friday I am going to embark on a ICEing journey for my friends Santro. I am going to try Mark of Craftel :). Plan to do a photo journey of the same.

Setup:
HU: Panasonic

Front: Rockford Fosgate Punch P152S Rockford Fosgate - P152S

Rear: existing rear (this will be changed in Phase 2 later)

Woofer: Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D410 Rockford Fosgate - P2D410

4 Chn Amp: MB Quart DSC450 MB Quart Car Audio -- DISCUS Amplifers

Wiring: e2 E1000 by Scosche e2 E1000 by Scosche 4 Gauge Amp Kits

Music Pref:
1. Carnatic, classical, movie songs (doesnt listen to english etc)
2. Wants a good SQ system no college boy one

Date of install: This friday

Do watch out.

Last edited:
mbr,sounds good.nice components.not using any damping??from what i hear mark has been doin cars mainly so should be a good bet for a clean install.lookin forward to reports.cheers

I am not for cutting interiors and one more thing I hate is cutting wires and tapping them. But in a Santro we will have cut bcos there is no provision for a component speakers. Will post in detail after the discussion and the cost breakup

mbr,noise kill is cheaper comparatively.pm ajay kamath.he should be able to help.do lemme knw the availability/pricing of wuerth.my ice upgrade hasn happened as yet.shucks.when...???oh well,cheers

Hi Ram
I am not sure which Rockford Components my cousin has in his Swift but they are very bright.
So please do have a listen and then finalize

A quick question. Does Mark generally do car audio installs or is this a one-off project? Would appreciate if installation costs are quoted here. Thanks!

A quick question. Does Mark generally do car audio installs or is this a one-off project? Would appreciate if installation costs are quoted here. Thanks!

Till last year when his father was alive, Mark actually spent almost his entire time on car audio. After his father's passing away he had to take on the ropes of the audio company also. Personally he is more excited about acr audio, and is always proud to show off that.

Cheers

Till last year when his father was alive, Mark actually spent almost his entire time on car audio. After his father's passing away he had to take on the ropes of the audio company also. Personally he is more excited about acr audio, and is always proud to show off that.

Cheers

Oh cool, thanks. I just might have a few setups that could use his help...

Went on very well. The SQ is very nice and the installation was to my expectation. Waiting for the pics from Mark, once thats here will post a detailed review.

yes, one would simply notify the audio of the craftel(car audio) just a 3" midrange just fitted in company provided plank in the car without any enclosures. B,coz to show how the midrange speakers was at the back of his car while auditioning, accompanied by a dual 8" sub-woofers or a dual 12" sub-woofers kept in the boot space( The Blastodium Series) which would thrill anyone.

Mark was a fantastic, he is well experienced man in car audio, that he has range of speakers to cater any type of car ranges including sound-proof solutions.

No doubt Marc is one of the best options available at Chennai for ICE. My little chevy spark was a point of attraction at Sundaram Service Station just because of the ICE he has provided without consuming much of the rear space. One lovely dual coil band pass woofer fits into small space at the rear area and in combination with Pioneer HU and JBL front drivers on dash board, the service personnel were surprised by the quality and deep bass coming from such small vehicle. All the credits to Marc. He has not used any cable that come with the vehicle from company, instead routed his own thicker ones neatly inside for every driver from HU. Hope I can take some photo and upload for the members here.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back