Ideal upgrade in terms of sound quality

rhythm

Hi,

Very soon I will be moving to my new house and I am looking forward to upgarde my stereo setup (Yamaha AS 500, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 and Polk TSI 100) to HT system.

But before buying AVR and other components for HT, I need FM advice on following. I have uploaded the pic which shows the exact measurements and layout of my new house.

1. I know that room acoustic plays the major role in how any speaker would sound. What I can do best in terms of room acoustic, so that my speakers won't endup sounding boomy and dull. If you notice living room is in L shape.

2. Considering the size of my living room, I don't have luxury of moving around my speakers so whether its ok to upgrade to good floorstanding or bookshelf which are not so sensitive to placement. Since I have limited budget of 60 to 80k I am ok with the incremental update. If I end up buying good speaker I will postpone my HT set up. However I would like to buy AVR so that I can connect my MI android tv and set box to one system. I have already posted in WTB section for used AVR.

3. If I go by HT route I need to account for AVR , center channel and sub and my budget is not good enough for all the 3.

So what you guys think? What should be the ideal upgrade in terms of sound quality. Personally I think used but powerful AVR and good floor standing sprakers should be on my list. But room acoustic will be my priority.

Out of Yamaha, Wharfedale and Polk I am ready to sell Wharfedale but not the other two.

Help me out one more timeUNIT-PLAN---1-BHK (1).jpg

Attachments

• UNIT-PLAN---1-BHK (1).jpg
    UNIT-PLAN---1-BHK (1).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2
Very soon I will be moving to my new house and I am looking forward to upgarde my stereo setup (Yamaha AS 500, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 and Polk TSI 100) to HT system.

Out of Yamaha, Wharfedale and Polk I am ready to sell Wharfedale but not the other two.

Above statements are contradicting :).. Do you wish to retain stereo set-up & use them separately?..

However I would like to buy AVR so that I can connect my MI android tv and set box to one system.

For the sheer ease of connectivity & more devices with HDMI, AVR is better.. quick A/V switching..

Since I have limited budget of 60 to 80k

I would suggest you to retain both the speakers and spend the money on either 5.1 (or) 5.1.2 AVR.. This will immediately allow you to add 4 speakers ( Pair of wharfedale & pair of Polk) with your AVR.. You would need to add center speaker alone and can enjoy 5.0 set-up..

Add missing speakers (Subwoofer / ceiling speakers) when you can..

Above statements are contradicting :)..
As of now I am not planning for any seperate Stereo set up but I liked Yamaha and Polk hence don't want to sell it. But I want to upgrade from Wharfedale.

For the sheer ease of connectivity & more devices with HDMI, AVR is better.. quick A/V switching..
Yah I agree. I am tired of manually switching between my set top box and mi android tv, hence looking for good used AVR.
Do you think Q acoustics concept 20 is worth upgrading from Wharfedale

As of now I am not planning for any seperate Stereo set up but I liked Yamaha and Polk hence don't want to sell it. But I want to upgrade from Wharfedale.

Ok.. This is tricky.. You like the stereo set-up, but don't want to let it go..

Yah I agree. I am tired of manually switching between my set top box and mi android tv, hence looking for good used AVR.

If you are prefer 5.1 set-up, then good chances you can get brand new ones.. If you take used route, yes more chances of getting a midrange AVR..

Do you think Q acoustics concept 20 is worth upgrading from Wharfedale

Can't say for sure.. But IMO, you already have good speakers, which you can re-use with your AVR, saves bit of money too..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back