Identical LCR Speaker Placement

newvirus2008

Dear friends,

I am confused about placing three identical LCR speakers [ 25" (H) x 16" (W) x 16" (D) ] with a 32" LCD TV (I dont have a PJ).

What should be the mounting height for the TV and to get the best imaging, should the speakers be above or below it ? Other figures are

Sitting distance from TV : 7'
Sitting height from floor : 3'
Surrounds from floor : 6'
Back surrounds from floor : 7'-8'
A top view of the setup attached.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.pdf
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
Mount the center of the TV at eye Level.

Place the left and right speakers roughly 6 inches away from the TV- centered with respect to the TV.

Place the center speaker- at the bottom of the TV-- roughly 2 inches away from the TV

Place the subwoofer on either on the left side or right side of the sofa-

I was looking for something other than that where I would get all of them at the same level and still be able to place the TV properly.

Hai again. I know I am being very rigid about not being ready to upset the vertical alignment of the front speakers.

But what if I put the LF section just under the TV and the HF sections above it ? The LF sections shall be toed-in and the HF sections shall be both toed-in and tilted down.

Literally, the TV shall be in between the LF and HF of the center channel. While all speakers would be at the same level and oriented the same way (as in case of people with PJs), couldn't the TV also possibly be amidst the action ?

Moreover, even if I had a PJ and 1.5m tall speakers, the HF would have definitely been above the LF. My TV is just 20" tall.

Can this type of placement be a feasible solution for an LCD TV among identical LCRs?

Regards.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back