If sony uhd brp why need nvidea shield?

Akshit2111

Hello guys
I know topics like these have been discussed many a times before on the forum but i would request you guys to give your opinion on this one.
Now currently for my media playback i have fire tv stick also my tv is a smart tv so i have netflix prime built in. Now the issue is that i find the sound on fire stick muddy tbh. Whenever i play any movie the content lacks the trebble like dialogues sound muddy and i really don't like the sound.
Since the content is compressed and i have never tested my hts's true power i decided that ill improve the source.
Now comes the dillema.
So i have three devices on my list in between which i would like to choose.
1) sony ubp x700
2) nvidia shield
3) apple tv 4th gen

Since uhd disks are too expensive buying one wud never go down my throat. Call me cheap but i may never float that boat :p
What i may do is stream content and play some br rips which are like 40 50gb thru hdd.( i want the best poss audio in these two sources)
Now given my preference a brp makes sense since it'll have netflix prime and other apps built in with suppport for dolby vision with hdr and also ill be able to play a brd if i ever want to( dor demo purposes) although i may not be able to sideload apps but i think i can live with that given that i have firestick as well.
I wud want to know between nvidia and sony brp given my preferences what wud u guys suggest?
Now recently in one of the threads @jr83 was praising apple tv 4th gen. It caught my attention but i suppose the advantage of apple tv is that it may give dolby vision support but on the audio front it may be more or less same as fire stick (dolby digital plus). I suppose we can rent movies on itune store but will the audio be as good as a br rip on hdd? What bugs me the most is the audio as of now. Video wise i cannot complain much coz my tv does not support dolby vision as of now.
Please help me decide its huge mess in my head right now!!

I can share my exp of 4 months on Sony UBP x700, I tried earlier with 4K android box (returned in a week) and tv built in apps and media player but not fully satisfied then I tried bdp. Sony x700 is certainly excellent in audio quality, pic quality there’s no comparison, 4K HDR, Dolby vision and excellent dlna for NAS /usb 3.0 connectivity but there are few drawbacks to note 1. You don’t get apps like amazon prime , Eros now etc. in India. It supports at present only Youtube and Netflix in India 2. Power adapter is 110v , you need to have converter for 220 to 110v. In my case I bought separate power adapter for 230v from US. 3. No HDMI cable in box, you need to buy hi-end hdmi cable ver 2.1 if Dolby vision enabled. 4. No analog out put to connect audio receiver.
Rest it will beat it’s rivals.

I can share my exp of 4 months on Sony UBP x700, I tried earlier with 4K android box (returned in a week) and tv built in apps and media player but not fully satisfied then I tried bdp. Sony x700 is certainly excellent in audio quality, pic quality there’s no comparison, 4K HDR, Dolby vision and excellent dlna for NAS /usb 3.0 connectivity but there are few drawbacks to note 1. You don’t get apps like amazon prime , Eros now etc. in India. It supports at present only Youtube and Netflix in India 2. Power adapter is 110v , you need to have converter for 220 to 110v. In my case I bought separate power adapter for 230v from US. 3. No HDMI cable in box, you need to buy hi-end hdmi cable ver 2.1 if Dolby vision enabled. 4. No analog out put to connect audio receiver.
Thanks haribabu
My brother is on a visit to london so i was planning to get one from there. I guess it wont have power issues as they too run on 230V. Since nost of streaming services have compressed audio i can live with it not supporting prime and eros.
Since u got it from us how do u plan to use br disk. Any idea about making it region free?

Thanks haribabu
My brother is on a visit to london so i was planning to get one from there. I guess it wont have power issues as they too run on 230V. Since nost of streaming services have compressed audio i can live with it not supporting prime and eros.
Since u got it from us how do u plan to use br disk. Any idea about making it region free?
Gr8 no problem, you will get 230v power adapter. Region unlock may not be possible in my opinion. 4K discs are concedered as all region. Only DVDs seems to be regional.

Hello guys

Now currently for my media playback i have fire tv stick also my tv is a smart tv so i have netflix prime built in. Now the issue is that i find the sound on fire stick muddy tbh. Whenever i play any movie the content lacks the trebble like dialogues sound muddy and i really don't like the sound.

Really? I too have a Firestick 4k and find the Audio quality to be really amazing. Not muddy at all. Even the music from my hard disk connected to the Firestick sounds very good.

Have you tried updating the firmware or something?

MaSh

Really? I too have a Firestick 4k and find the Audio quality to be really amazing. Not muddy at all. Even the music from my hard disk connected to the Firestick sounds very good.

Have you tried updating the firmware or something?

MaSh
Its updated. I am not using the 4k one but the hd one hut i guess the quality of audio shud be more or less same. When i bitstream from my smart tv netflix or prime i get crispier audio.

From where you got the seperate powere adapter for 230 V?

Using Nvidia shield and i can say its the best thing out there. You throw anything at it and it will play it.
I have 16TB of external HDDs with each movie almost above 50 or 60gb as 2160p HDR remux and it plays them amazing.

Back