Ilaiyaraaja

Yes. A true legend. My father was (and still is) a huge fan of him. The very first songs (apart from Malayalam) that I remember enjoying during my childhood were from him. Then Rehman Sir came and I was listening to more of his music.

Once I started getting into serious listening, I began to appreciate Raaja Sir more. Though I am grateful to Rehman Sir for all the wonderful music he has given, at times I feel that his work is not as natural as Raaja Sir. Different composers, different styles and different technologies in music production. How i sincerely wish we had more good recordings of Raaja Sirs music.

With the technology prevailing during 20 or 30 years back, he has composed some fantastic tunes and recorded to his best of knowledge which is still wavering in mind and of-course it is likeable to the current younger generation too.

Now that few members here have done some re-mastered /conversion of his songs from LP to flac and it sounds wonderful.

This guy has done some awesome remastering of this songs from LP/Cassetes... Earlier he has done some 200 plus songs and you tube has taken it out based on some copyright complaint. Now that he has added around 60 plus songs.

Plus this guy from kerala has done some beautiful remastering which is sounding too good to hear.

Plus this guy has done lot of ARR songs remastering too.

Last edited:
Plus Illayaraja uses Bass guitar in most of his songs and it not at all much audible in his recordings... In remastering it was done perfectly in all songs whatever that guy has done.

Thanks Srini for this thread. Been Raja sir fan since school days (though ARR was popular during my school days) his songs are very enjoyable in all types of audio systems (low fi - high fi).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back