Import Of Movies (DVD)

vinay

I will like to know if any of the members are importing (buying on line) the DVDs from abroad, and if so, what has been their experience in form of quality of movie, payment, delivery, etc.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Hi Vinay
I suppose Sreekanth's latest post on "Movies i liked" thread explains everything about the quality and what you can expect when you order a DVD from an online store which is USA based.
Payment part is also understood by you i guess.
Now about the delivery, i cannot tell you anything being 100 percent sure but few of my friends have ordered audio cds from online stores and they did not have any issues at all
Still its better if you hear from someone who has himself ordered a dvd from an online store and has asked it to be shipped to india

Hi Vinay
I suppose Sreekanth's latest post on "Movies i liked" thread explains everything about the quality and what you can expect when you order a DVD from an online store which is USA based.
Payment part is also understood by you i guess.
Now about the delivery, i cannot tell you anything being 100 percent sure but few of my friends have ordered audio cds from online stores and they did not have any issues at all
Still its better if you hear from someone who has himself ordered a dvd from an online store and has asked it to be shipped to india

Rikhav,

Indeed soundsgreat and sunil have explained well and it is well understood by me, after hearing what these members are saying it is alarm bell for us, these guys are taking us forward.

The issue is that let us see what are the experience of others, a dedicated thread to this import subject will help me and many other members.

If all goes well, who knows how many of them will get into ordering online, after all who wants a bad product, when the good one's are available elsewhere, that too with a better price, etc.

For me, to arrive at a organized solution, etc, it is very important that others also join this thread, and share their view point, experiences etc, over the online buying.

Rikhav, thank you for taking the first view line on this thread.

Vinay.

If you want to have a feel as to how those region 1 dvds perform, try going to a dvd library near your place
Generally all these dvd libraries have region 1 dvds, but you wont get the desiered edition (unirated, limited edition, widescreen, etc)
They will just have what they could source.
I know you dont like using rented dvds but try it once and you will know how good they are

If you want to have a feel as to how those region 1 dvds perform, try going to a dvd library near your place
Generally all these dvd libraries have region 1 dvds, but you wont get the desiered edition (unirated, limited edition, widescreen, etc)
They will just have what they could source.
I know you dont like using rented dvds but try it once and you will know how good they are

Rikhav,

I will not rent the DVD, even if it is for testing the region one factor, i just do not wish to get into the culture of renting.

I am having 2/3 movies of region one, which my brother had bought from abroad, i can check on them.

My real issue is to know the experience of the members on all counts, which they got while ordering online from abroad.

In all events i shall order in due course 1 or two DVD's as my risk will be limited.

Vinay.

Dear Members,

I hope some members can provide the link of the leading web pages which sells original dvd's.

I do not have a international credit card, so how do i pay online in foreign currency.

I was adviced that there is something like paypal, which can organize payment from indian rupees to the foreign currency, if this is correct then what is the web page address, this information i think soundsgreat can provide.

If there is any other informaton, i will like to hear about it.

Vinay.

Vinay:

Can you wait for a day or two? I am posting a detailed message on NTSC/PAL, DVD duplication etc. Please read that before you start importing DVDs.

Venkat

Hello Vinay

Paypal is one of the safest way to transfer your money to the seller. All your credit card is processed through these payment gateways . there are also ccavenue which is also a trusted gateway. But most of the sellers use paypal . I have paid through paypal in many occasions to get Cds online,.
But regarding the transport God only knows , that risk you have to take.

regards
mohan

Vinay:

Can you wait for a day or two? I am posting a detailed message on NTSC/PAL, DVD duplication etc. Please read that before you start importing DVDs.

Venkat

Venkat,

I am actually on my knees, with the kind of effort which you and soundsgreat put in explaining the point of views, you members are gem of people. Indeed there are many such gem of members who are always willing to help, etc.

Best Regards.

Vinay.

Hello Vinay

Paypal is one of the safest way to transfer your money to the seller. All your credit card is processed through these payment gateways . there are also ccavenue which is also a trusted gateway. But most of the sellers use paypal . I have paid through paypal in many occasions to get Cds online,.
But regarding the transport God only knows , that risk you have to take.

regards
mohan

Hello Mohan,

I thank you very much for the vital information which you have provided.

Can you give me the web page link of this paypal & ccavenue.

I am not having a credit card, but i am having a debit card, so this debit card can be used with pay pal to tranfer dollar monies to foreign online site for payment of importing the dvd.?

This is what i wanted to hear from some of the members and you are saying that you have used paypal to get cd's on line, so you are saying that you got the audio cd's online from some abroad foreign site right?

About the transport risk, i will take the risk, after all life is full of risks, but then soundsgreat had a good point that these online sellers use reputed couriers, and they know how to transport these fragile items like dvd.

Thank you again mohan.

Vinay.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back