Import pricing for AVR

krishnamurthy

I came across Denon and Marantz import pricing in USD for their AVR's at Indian port of arrival for the last month.

X3100W - $306
X3200W - $380
X4200W - $601
X5200W - $835
X7200 WA $1108

NR1606B- $235
SR6009B - $317
SR7009B - $491

Add customs duty of 30% (HS Code: 85184000) plus any transport charges from Bombay port to different parts of India. You can see how much the dealers/retailers are charging, close to obscene.

If you have noticed "B" stock being sold in India but i doubt they are discounted compared to the regular ones. B" Stock products are returns from stores that companies check over thoroughly and repackage them.

Last edited:
Check this out. You'll get clear idea, how much extra dealers & distributors are charging. One may say that these Hi-fi amps & receivers don't have huge market share and in order to stay afloat dealers & distributors have to have big(how big??) margin. But if price of these items doesn't come down, market will never mature. Prohibitory pricing is always a deterrent. :sad: :sad: :sad:
https://www.zauba.com/import-Marantz-hs-code.html

Unbelievable!! as per the above URL SR7009B for 32k, in market it is sold not less than 1.2L.
what business gives this margin man! I wish I could start a store :) hahaha

yes it is wholesale prices.
In US/Canada, retail is 2-3 times wholesale pricing but here it is 4-5 times. How we get ripped off on electronics befuddles me.

yes it is wholesale prices.
In US/Canada, retail is 2-3 times wholesale pricing but here it is 4-5 times. How we get ripped off on electronics befuddles me.

Yet, in US and EU, you get 3 to 5years warranty and in India you get only 1year warranty. HiFi dealers in India are grateful to the tolerance level of Indian buyers. Oh! I am proud of this tolerance :lol: :lol: :lol:

@nitinsanand, What if I buy 10 pieces of particular AVR/AMP(popular model, of course) at wholesale rate and then sell it at 2X price, through this forum? I'll be happy and buyers will also be happy. Win-win situation for all of us.

I am thinking of a start-up

Last edited:
@nitinsanand, What if I buy 10 pieces of particular AVR/AMP(popular model, of course) at wholesale rate and then sell it at 2X price, through this forum?

I am thinking of a start-up

To do this officially, You need a IEC number, which needs lot of paper work and resources. But it is definitely possible :)

To do this officially, You need a IEC number, which needs lot of paper work and resources. But it is definitely possible :)
IEC, that issuing department is DGFT right? I used to have one, as once I forayed into impex business. It's not very difficult to get license from DGFT. You need a trade license from local municipal authority, current a/c., whole lot of paper work and patience, also you need to be street smart because you need to deal with people at govt. office who have voracious appetite for bribe.

Last edited:
IEC, that issuing department is DGFT right? I used to have one, as once I forayed into impex business. It's not very difficult to get license from DGFT. You need a trade license from local municipal authority, current a/c., whole lot of paper work and patience, also you need to be street smart because you need to deal with people at govt. office who have voracious appetite for bribe.

amitkg nice initiative :clapping::clapping: happy news if it is productive

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back