Importance of components in a Hifi system

Wondering why DAC component is missing
I don't think it was intentional. I think they used the term "source" in generic terms.
For me, its always been the loudspeaker followed by the amplifier that defines the sound. Everything else in the chain is less important to me. The best ears will disagree and I am fine with that. In the end, you build a system with what you like and what you can afford. In no way does that mean its a bad stereo.

Everyone has their own taste & ways they feel is best.
Each & Every components, however large or small in HiFi contributes, right from source till speakers. Which includes Cables: RCA/ Speaker, RCA Plugs, Power chord, Power supplies, speaker grill cloth, Feet, speaker stands, Source: Pen Drive / NAS
List is endless
Thanks!

Everyone has their own taste & ways they feel is best.
Each & Every components, however large or small in HiFi contributes, right from source till speakers. Which includes Cables: RCA/ Speaker, RCA Plugs, Power chord, Power supplies, speaker grill cloth, Feet, speaker stands, Source: Pen Drive / NAS
List is endless
Thanks!
You're Complicating the things, Music Reproduction Shouldn't be that complicated ( at least on Digital side), at least for anyone who wants to achieve 80 -90% of the best possible performance from their gear.
Group 1: Group A : Average Audiophile
I have used this Easy to remember Acronym earlier , Get RSS right (pun unintended & No political affiliations ;)) and you're 90% there!
R - Room ( Basic Acoustics : Speaker Positioning, 1st Reflection Points Absorption, Diffusers)
S - Speakers ( Signature that appeals to you and Suits your Room, Speakers Too big or Too small to listening area are tough to correct)
S - Source + Synergy ( Good Cdp or Streamer or TT MATED to Good DAC ( I consider DAC as Source on Digital Side) or Good Phono) + ( Room Speaker Synergy & Amp Speaker Synergy, Some Basic Rules like - Never Use underpowered amps, Decent Cables ; Not Default ones bundled with Device boxes, But Very inexpensive cables like Lapp, Belden and Mogami etc Will give you a Great Performance upgrade over default cables. Stabilizer and Dedicated 4 sqmm Power Line etc)

Group 2 : Group P ~ Perfectionists
For those who intend to Cover remaining 10 -15% of Performance upgrade ; Their RSS is optimized already; Your Statement Suits them perfectly. They're Perfectionists in this hobby and for them Everything matters. Every Device or Cable your Signal Passes Needs to be Premium Enough and Synergistic Enough to Get You the Best Results. Ultimately, The Chain will be resolving enough to decide between what quality of Wall Sockets brings about SQ upgrade or Which Audiophile Etherenet Cable is best etc. Group 1 People ( in spite of best efforts) won't understand how such inconspicuous thing like footer, cable lifter makes a difference. As far as the budget, Again sky is the limit here. Remember the budget for getting the last 10-15% Performance upgrade may cost the budget spent on RSS within No time.

Problem happens when Group 1 People complain XYZ Cable or Device used by Group 2 is useless or not VFM etc. Or when Group 2 People start suggesting their Expensive Cable tweaks to Group 1 People who haven't got the RSS right yet. These lead to Contrasting opinions and Online Audiophile Forum battles which are fought with fervor.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back