Importance of Listening Room Acoustics

The author Norman is a great guy. I follow him on FB as well. Has a lot of interesting posts about vibration control and acoustics.

Some (extremely) uncomfortable truths in there for audiophiles chasing audio nirvana mostly through their equipment without enough consideration for the room it is in.
Yes I agree, the room is the most important component, which a lot of people tend to ignore. However slowly the importance of acoustics seems to be picking up, perhaps due to the pandemic, where more time is being spent in inadequate listening rooms perhaps.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks for sharing. The best investment I ever made is treating the room, made a huge difference. Then only i realized all these years I was listening to the 'walls' than the speakers . A must do before upgrading any equipments - As someone said, decent speakers in good rooms sound better than great speakers in terrible rooms.

Yes I agree, the room is the most important component, which a lot of people tend to ignore.

It's not exciting. However, the shine of new gear is pretty intoxicating, until one has to reach (inevitably) for a new bottle. That chase is unending and fruitless.

However slowly the importance of acoustics seems to be picking up, perhaps due to the pandemic, where more time is being spent in inadequate listening rooms perhaps.

Possibly. Regardless of why, if the trend is towards paying more attention to room acoustics, that can only advance the quality of sound reproduction in real-life listening rooms. And consequently, enhance listening pleasure.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back