Importing projectors

neel

Does any one have experience with importing projector or any heavy duty items from amazon.co.uk? Appreciate if anybody could share the pains and pleasures of the process including customs, delivery at door etc.

if you use Shopyouroworld it will be minimum pain , but beware price of shipping and customs price, check the best option, Other site is http://www.shopabroadonline.com/ but only for US sites

I have used both , for weight less than 5KG and 10,000rs less SYW is cheaper for rest shopabroadonline is cheaper

Last edited:
I am sorry. I just noted that you said "import from amazon.co.uk". Amazon, UK will not ship electronic items directly to India. You will have to use Aramex Shop & Ship or Borderlinx. Amazon.com (USA) will ship to India. Amazon, UK price will be much higher.

You can also visit "Projector Central" or "Projector People" for deals.

Most projectors have universal voltage (110~240V, 50/60Hz). But check and confirm the specs.

How can you bring electronic product from Amazon USA directly to India (West Bengal).

Kindly help.....

Benq W600+ is available for Rs 60,000/- (inc tax) in India officialy. 20 north is selling for Rs 42,000/- only.

Does any one have experience with importing projector or any heavy duty items from amazon.co.uk? Appreciate if anybody could share the pains and pleasures of the process including customs, delivery at door etc.

If it is projector better buy from US. As UK prices are higher. Also projector works from 110-220v and you no need to worry about any power issues. Projector is definitely one item, you should consider buying overseas for the following reasons

1) Huge number of models availabile
2) Most of them supports 110-220V
3) Not very heavy
4) Huge price difference comparing to India

It is more beneficial if carried personally by someone. I have a personal experience of saving more than 20K in buying projector from US personally brought by a friend.

Jeyaraj,
I concur with you as my current PJ was brought by me personally from the UK.
Since many years have gone, I thought the process is more seamless and to get a PJ from abroad through online must be smooth. It appears there are some caveats.

You can also use global easy buy on ebay.in to buy projectors from USA. Currently free gift scheme is also going on. With free gifts final price will workout to be cheap.
If you buy anything above 25K you will get 640GB HDD / Kodak Camera.

Please refer to the following link:
Gift your FRIEND

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back