improving fm reception

sgrin

i browsed the whole site but could not find how to improve the reception of fm on mobiles .

i've a n 70 and i'm not able to get a perticular station . i'm getting AIR only.

please help me out....

yes i am . but at my place the floor above my house gets it but my floor does not . how can i solve this problem ?

yes i am . but at my place the floor above my house gets it but my floor does not . how can i solve this problem ?

Are there tall buildings obstructing around? and lastly ... Can you move up one floor? :D

Cheers

i browsed the whole site but could not find how to improve the reception of fm on mobiles .

i've a n 70 and i'm not able to get a perticular station . i'm getting AIR only.

please help me out....

you replaced your headset with cheaper one?.. originals only are good as they act as antenna tuned to the mobile...

i replaced mine with a look alike for SE 810i ...FM reception gone poor

Are there tall buildings obstructing around? and lastly ... Can you move up one floor? :D

Another option is to get a small cap that has two antennas on the side that can be connected to the mobile. That will give you good reception all the time.

Sorry OP, whenever I see Gobble, my inner comedian comes out. :)

Cheers

you replaced your headset with cheaper one?.. originals only are good as they act as antenna tuned to the mobile...

i replaced mine with a look alike for SE 810i ...FM reception gone poor

no i've the original ones.

On audiophile tuners, the IFF alignment needs to be performed if you wish to have a clearer reception of a station. Maybe a Nokia service centre should be able to do it- if at all mobile phones have such a circuit .....

On audiophile tuners, the IFF alignment needs to be performed if you wish to have a clearer reception of a station. Maybe a Nokia service centre should be able to do it- if at all mobile phones have such a circuit .....
What I know of FM tuners in cell phone (and other mobile devices) is that nowadays these are dedicated IC tuners that eliminates the need for external parts such as inductors, varactor, tuned stages etc. Everything needed for FM reception is within the IC and occupying a footprint of only about 15~20 mm2. These ICs are made by companies such as Philips and Sanyo in millions and essentially follow the IFF architectures of type of tuner employed in digital radio and TVs.

Thus I doubt there would be any scope for IF alignment as on analogue tuners. Any alignment, if at all, would probably on the embedded software side. This just my guess and should be taken as such.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back