In-ceiling speakers for atmos

magnetoeric

Hello everyone. I am from Bangalore. I have Onkyo 686 with HT993 speakers. I'm thinking of upgrading my 2 surround speakers to ceiling speakers. My budget is not more than 25k. Which brand would you people suggest? Onkyo showroom guy had suggested me qi65c which costs around 18k. Also, is 6.5inch driver size enough for my room (~9feet ceiling) or should I choose 8inch? Looking forward to your inputs.

Hello everyone. I am from Bangalore. I have Onkyo 686 with HT993 speakers. I'm thinking of upgrading my 2 surround speakers to ceiling speakers. My budget is not more than 25k. Which brand would you people suggest? Onkyo showroom guy had suggested me qi65c which costs around 18k. Also, is 6.5inch driver size enough for my room (~9feet ceiling) or should I choose 8inch? Looking forward to your inputs.
6.5 inch is more then enough for atmos. I use svs elevations and it uses a 4.5 inch driver which is extremely good so the 6.5 should be enough.

Which brand would you people suggest? Onkyo showroom guy had suggested me qi65c which costs around 18k. Also, is 6.5inch driver size enough for my room (~9feet ceiling) or should I choose 8inch?

Preferably to an in-ceiling brand to that of your mains, if not other brand too is fine..

The requirement for height speaker is 80Hz per Dolby, so bigger drivers not really necessary..

Thank you for your replies. I don't think there's ceiling speakers from onkyo, right? They only have dolby enabled modules (which the showroom guy told me never to buy it :D ) I think I will go with 6.5 then. My current surround speakers are only 2.5inch. They still sound great, but some demos I heard in the showroom (they have qi65c) are simply breathtaking. Any other brand suggestions? I don't see many brands available in India :/

I'm currently looking at two options: Micca M-8C and Polk RC60i. Micca's is cheaper than Polk's and has 8inch driver too, while Polk has good sound dispersion compared to micca (from what I've heard). Which one should I pick? :confused:

Hi Magnetoeric :)

Iam using some Yamaha IWC 280 or 360 series speakers in my ceiling. I bought them off Amazon.. Ian not sure which one iam using though. I bought them on the recommendation of a friend from the USA , who is a movie buff. I must say Iam very happy with them. All the best

Thanks for your recommendations newslash. I'll definitely check them out. Did you find the quality superior over your previous speakers/setup?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back