In ceiling speakers

abhinavdora

i have two Dali Zensor 7 and Spector vocal powered by Denon S750H ,now i want to add surround and atmos speakers
and i do not have space its a 15x10 room so i decided to install those on ceiling ,i am confused which ceiling speaker should i choose i have shortlisted Sonodyne SIC3360 ,Klipsch CS16 II,Yamaha NS-IC800,JBL ARENA SP8CII and Q Acoustics QI65CB .
please help to choose.

Regards
Abhinav

Sorry to hijack this thread. :)

My room size is exactly the same (15x10), and I've been looking at the Polk RC60i's for my in-ceiling speakers as well. But I have two questions:

(a) 2 or 4 speakers for Atmos
From whatever I've read online, 4 ceiling speakers should be preferred to 2, but
- Does the smaller room size mean that 4 will be overkill?
- Will I be able to tell a difference?
- What is the minimum distance I need between the top height speakers and the rear height speakers to justify a 5.1.4 as opposed to a 5.1.2 setup?
P.S: I can only have 1-1.5 feet behind my listening position and the wall behind.

(b) Will the Polk RC60i's be adequate, or should I be looking at its big brother, the RC80i's.

I have attached a couple of photographs of the space as well.

Thanks in anticipation!

Attachments

• 20201026_001436.jpg
    20201026_001436.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201026_001446 (1).jpg
    20201026_001446 (1).jpg
    765.6 KB · Views: 63

My room size is exactly the same (15x10), and I've been looking at the Polk RC60i's for my in-ceiling speakers as well. But I have two questions:

From whatever I've read online, 4 ceiling speakers should be preferred to 2, but
- What is the minimum distance I need between the top height speakers and the rear height speakers to justify a 5.1.4 as opposed to a 5.1.2 setup?
P.S: I can only have 1-1.5 feet behind my listening position and the wall behind.

(b) Will the Polk RC60i's be adequate, or should I be looking at its big brother, the RC80i's.

Thanks in anticipation!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation!
I Assume your listening position is at 10 Ft. with this length... I would recommend to go for .2 instead of .4. you can't differentiate much if you have .4 and my advice is to have the pair in the middle ... say 5 feet away from your TV.

From what I have read, Atmos allows you height virtualization and movement virtualization. So when you use one pair then you get the height virtualisation but if you add two pairs, then you get the flow along with height effects.

Thanks both. My listening position is 8 feet away from the TV/LCR speakers. If I were to go ahead with 4, what is the minimum distance I should look at between the front height speakers and the rear height speakers?

i have two Dali Zensor 7 and Spector vocal powered by Denon S750H ,now i want to add surround and atmos speakers
and i do not have space its a 15x10 room so i decided to install those on ceiling ,i am confused which ceiling speaker should i choose i have shortlisted Sonodyne SIC3360 ,Klipsch CS16 II,Yamaha NS-IC800,JBL ARENA SP8CII and Q Acoustics QI65CB .
please help to choose.

Regards
Abhinav
You need to choose speakers which can be angled..
Some ceiling speakers have swivel tweeters which can be angled towards listening position.

Thanks both. My listening position is 8 feet away from the TV/LCR speakers. If I were to go ahead with 4, what is the minimum distance I should look at between the front height speakers and the rear height speakers?
As per Dolby whatever distance it is, please make sure whether you are meeting the required angle as per the pic shown below.

1603787408464.png

Like new, sparingly used MA incieling pair I have as I have upgraded to a different pair of MA Incieling. 6.5 driver with adjustable tweeters. They are good enough to be used as a 2ch incieling setup.

please help to choose.

Regards
Abhinav
Yours is a 7.2 ch receiver you cant go with 4 atoms unless you wont be putting any rear speakers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back