In which Samsung LCD/LED TV can i get a guaranteed Samsung SPVA "SQ01" Panel?

HI
Thanks for you reply. i have checked my LCD . version O1 and menu 40 A1UFOC so i have the crap panel.
the other samsung i had which had to go back after a acouple of months. because of a fault which had a great picture version SQ01.
many thanks

HI
Thanks for you reply. i have checked my LCD . version O1 and menu 40 A1UFOC so i have the crap panel.
the other samsung i had which had to go back after a acouple of months. because of a fault which had a great picture version SQ01.
many thanks

No you don't have a crap panel,infact you got a samsung SPVA panel.

I think I got a Crap Panel CN01, What do you guys suggest. The TV is almost 8 months old.
How do I convince the Samsung either to replace or ..............
Please suggest..

I have bought UA46B7000 LED 8 months ago but PQ is flawless. I am not sure about the panel model. I use a Cable STB but PQ is still satisfactory.

Although my viewing distance is 12FT. But even at 2FT, i hardly see see any flickering. DVD's & BD's are just amazing on my LED.

I was a sony fan for years until i found this LED from Samsung.

My friend has a 6 series LED from Samsung with Dish HD STB. HD channels are just Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother in law owns both 32" Sony and 32" Samsung LED's. Samsung, byfar outperforms Sony in PQ.

I am not criticizing Sony or other brands but just citing my experience.

I need clarification between the version on TV and the Service Menu of TV

The version No. on Sticker is: AA01
Service Menu under Type is : 40A6AF0C

As per this thread, AA01 signifies AU Panel and 40A6AF0C signifies Samsung Panel as per the 2nd alphabet which states (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT).

So, which Panel do I exacatly have??????

I need clarification between the version on TV and the Service Menu of TV

The version No. on Sticker is: AA01
Service Menu under Type is : 40A6AF0C

As per this thread, AA01 signifies AU Panel and 40A6AF0C signifies Samsung Panel as per the 2nd alphabet which states (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT).

So, which Panel do I exacatly have??????

Which model is yours did you happen to get it serviced or was it a refurbished tv.
AA01 means its a AMVA panel .
40A6AF0C is a 2010 samsung panel.

Itz a new one that was purchased in Nov 2010....

Model: LA40C550

There must have been a error at the factory,but since the service menu is saying its a 40A6AF0C you have got a samsung panel.

If you want to further clarify it take a macro shot of the pixels when its showing white color.

exactly, ii also think the same,...the labels r misplaced if the service menu says otherwise...the service menu gets the precedence & tells the actual panel...it's an exception,but there have been cases & it's nothing new!

So it is possible that, verison sticker and the service menu might mismatch sometimes... Like mine for example, which i myself consider lucky (After digging and scracthing my head for correct panel)

all you members out there, my advise is to check the service menu for correct panel information..

This sticker can be found stuck on the side of the Tv,...here as above we see/find a "SQ" version which denotes that the Tv has a SPVA panel!

Similarly,we can find the version number and the type of panel corresponding to it:

SS01 /02,03,04/ or SQ01 (02,03,04) S-PVA from Samsung
CN01, CN02 - S-MVA from CMO
BN01 ,BN02 (05,06,07) - S-MVA from CMO
??01 (02,03,04),?C02(04)- A-MVA from AUO
AC02 - new panel A-MVA3 from AUO

Alternatively, u enter the service menu by pressing info,menu,mute,power (during standby) & look for the "Type" in Line no. 10 of the RHS Column
40 inches, the screen size
A panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
1 frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
U panel (A = AntiGlare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
C backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)

Now ,finally ,as per Panel Quality is concerned

Spva>Amva>Smva!!!
Is there something like this for LG screens as well?

Also, any other option to know the panel type without opening the sealed box?

Just a quick word of warning for anybody who is checking the service menu to see what version their Samsung tv is - I learned that Samsung voids the warranty just for entering the service menu - there is a lot of information on this - just google it. There is a log kept when you enter the service menu and if you need to ask Samsung later for warranty serice, they check the service menu. If it has been accessed they won't honor the warranty. It is even mentioned on their warranty information.

I believe there is no such issue. I have used service mode even when service engineers were visiting my premises to evaluate reported issues. They never raised flags or denied warranty claims (2 TVs were returned after tweaking through service modes last year and Samsung were unable to rectify reported issues).

You should use it VERY CAUTIOUSLY before tweaking some settings as they may damage the unit or settings temporarily or permanently. In such situations, Samsung has the right to deny warranty claims!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back