[India]best desktop 2.0 setup for music under 20-30k

abhishekSPS

Hello,
I am new here and have been reading quite a lot here, on reddit and on head-fi about budget options available when it comes to bookshelf speakers+amp or powered speakers or even floorstanders.

Could somebody recommend me what should I get for max upto 20,000 INR for full setup...I mean if amp is required then amp+speaker.
It will mostly be used for music i.e. Indian classical, classical, classical crossovers, ambient, avant grade, neo-classical, trip-hop, soundtracks and pop orchestra.

So the most important aspect of the speakers should be sultry seductive mid-range and good soundstaging and imaging....say something like HD650s but with lot detail but it should not be ear-scratching sibilant details.
bass should should be tight and controlled...quality is important than quantity
anyway...deep low end is not an issue if I wont find base suited to my need i will add a sub later on in future although I am more of a midrange-soundstage-imaging whore than a good-thumping-window-pane-shaking-bass whore.
please do reply i am really confused

Hello,
I am new here and have been reading quite a lot here, on reddit and on head-fi about budget options available when it comes to bookshelf speakers+amp or powered speakers or even floorstanders.

Could somebody recommend me what should I get for max upto 20,000 INR for full setup...I mean if amp is required then amp+speaker.
It will mostly be used for music i.e. Indian classical, classical, classical crossovers, ambient, avant grade, neo-classical, trip-hop, soundtracks and pop orchestra.

So the most important aspect of the speakers should be sultry seductive mid-range and good soundstaging and imaging....say something like HD650s but with lot detail but it should not be ear-scratching sibilant details.
bass should should be tight and controlled...quality is important than quantity
anyway...deep low end is not an issue if I wont find base suited to my need i will add a sub later on in future although I am more of a midrange-soundstage-imaging whore than a good-thumping-window-pane-shaking-bass whore.
please do reply i am really confused

Look out for AudioEngine powered desktop speakers and I think it should fall within your budget. I would have recommended Bose Companion as well but it will not suit to your taste as it has got ample amount of bass with the mid-range/clarity lacking, I use it with my desktop.

thanks a lot for replying i really appreciate that
actually i am starting from scratch...
i don't have a descent source yet...i have planned to buy it sometime in near future.
i can stretch my budget a bit...say upto 25 for just the speakers (and about 10-15k for amps if i go the route of passive speakers).
but law of diminishing return will be paramount in my final decision making.
now at that price what are the best value for money options available...???
also one thing is that auditioning the options is important for me so i would like to prefer brick-and-motar shop, although not dead-set on it.

The one suggested would hammer 'any' 50 K (amp + speaker combo) to oblivion!

"OBLIVION" lol nice word :lol:
don't get me wrong i absolutely hope that every bit of what u said comes out to be true...but i am unable find many reviews of JBL CONTROL 1s

will they beat all of these Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, Cambridge Audio S30, Usher S520, Dali Lektor 1, PSB Alpha B1, Q Acoustics 1020i, Epos ELS8, Polk RTI A3, Energy C100, Paradigm Atom, Monitor Audio BR2 :licklips:

@abhishekSPS
Adding to what other members mentioned above, You may want to check this Q Acoustics BT3. With various features it offers, this is good for music too. A little more than your 30k budget. Down the line, when you go for an upgrade you can use this as fronts for your 5.1 setup if you wish. This is also in offer in our HiFIMART.

@abhishekSPS
Adding to what other members mentioned above, You may want to check this Q Acoustics BT3. With various features it offers, this is good for music too. A little more than your 30k budget. Down the line, when you go for an upgrade you can use this as fronts for your 5.1 setup if you wish. This is also in offer in our HiFIMART.

will sure check audioengine a5+ and Acoustics BT3
no plans for 5.1 though, i watch movies on youtube/stagevu and the likes and that too @360p :eek:hyeah:
music is all i care about...only if i could build an awesome AWEEEESOOOOOMEEEEE euphonic setup :licklips:

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...ripath-2020-amplifier-versus-nad-c320bee.html

Have the patience to read through?
Page 40 onwards might be of real interest to you.

One has only to look for the right 'match' between a speaker pair and an amplifier. Two 'big' brand names together, but 'not matching' would only produce noise!!!

oh yeah...i love reading....on to reading now
i only named about all those speakers because of this thread here
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/5121-favourite-speakers-under-inr-20k.html
those speakers were all highly regarded there

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...ripath-2020-amplifier-versus-nad-c320bee.html

Have the patience to read through?
Page 40 onwards might be of real interest to you.

One has only to look for the right 'match' between a speaker pair and an amplifier. Two 'big' brand names together, but 'not matching' would only produce noise!!!

okay...i did little bit of reading...i didn't start all the way from 40 as it was quite old...something like 2008 then, so i started from last page 120 and went upto 96.
what i was able to gather that jbl control one and cambridge audio s30 seems to be the most popular recommendations there...and few members also appreciated its pairing with wharfedale 9.1/10.1 and monitor audio br2/bx2.
i guess with all those satisfied listeners i can't go wrong with either jbl control one or cambridge audio s30.
now since this setup is well within my budget what DAC will have best synergy with this setup for say under 15k or so...???

120 - 96?
You missed out on the critical details by lots. Why don't people take older mails seriously? Older mails = old, outdated thoughts & ideas? Beats me!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back