Indian Air Force 'Surya Kiran' fly-past over Mumbai 18th October 2021

Sean de Silva

Today was a joyous day! I came to know of this event literally 10 mins before it would take place and took off with my camera like a man possessed. The Indian Air Force Surya Kiran aerobatic display team commemorated the Liberation of Bangladesh in the 1971 war (Swarnim Vijay Varsh) between India and Pakistan with a fly-by over the skies of west Mumbai. They took off from Pune around 3.35pm and flew over The Gateway of India, Worli , Bandra at 3.45pm upto Andheri and then turned back to head down to Goa. I was very very fortunate to catch them twice :D

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

Today was a joyous day! I came to know of this event literally 10 mins before it would take place and took off with my camera like a man possessed. The Indian Air Force Surya Kiran aerobatic display team commemorated the Liberation of Bangladesh in the 1971 war (Swarnim Vijay Varsh) between India and Pakistan with a fly-by over the skies of west Mumbai. They took off from Pune around 3.35pm and flew over The Gateway of India, Worli , Bandra at 3.45pm upto Andheri and then turned back to head down to Goa. I was very very fortunate to catch them twice :D

View attachment 63192

View attachment 63193

View attachment 63194

View attachment 63195

View attachment 63196

View attachment 63197
Ahhh missed it....out of town! nice pics! thanks for sharing!

Hey Sean, nice pictures.
I heard them too on both the rounds just as they flew over the area. Told my son to go on the balcony and see but he didn't.
So he can now look at your pictures.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back