Indian Cheapness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I am a strong believer in a theory (self-formulated) that God does not need us

hi svenkateshsmart - you speak from a position of strength - the strength of belief in your ability to survive and look after yourself and the ones that depend on you - do not forget that - as a householder your duties extend even to the crow that visits your house-

when everything goes well - there is no need to rely upon an unseen and unknown god - and all the symbols that define god (temples, mosques,churches, priests and other intermediaries between you and god)-
god is there - but far away - and not worth thinking about.

in the life of every mortal human being - that moment comes - when everything changes - it could be a trivial event - or something as catastrophic as losing your loved one in a plane crash -

and suddenly - you are not so sure anymore -

and mark! - nobody ever passes into the great unknown - without thinking of god and his/her symbols.

for the weak - and those who cannot cope - subservience to god (and associated symbols) become paramount - and displays of such subservience involve visiting places where god is forced to reside by his intermediaries -
and also giving of important self-owned material things (read cash, gold, hair)-

in the hope of kind treatment -and a decent death and glorious afterlife - bribes help everywhere!:)

and it might help forum members to be kinder to everybody when i refer to this statistic -

75 % of working adults find it difficult to be leaders (and nurture dependents) - they would rather be looked after -

this number should approach 95% amongst the elderly.

be kind and generous - and do not blame anybody for anything - if anything, help them lead a dignified road towards that one glorious certainty - DEATH

Guys wake up !!
Pls discuss the original post treating it as STINGY, MISERLY and what not.
Pls leave the INDIAN Bit out off it.
All those Heroes out there who voice out negatively about INDIA & INDIANS , pls try to be so outspoken in another country including U S of A ( Post 911 ) and see what happens.

RELIGION With all due respects to all communities in this great Democracy, the one in which the Constitution allows freedom to practise one's religion - Please note that "HIFIVISION" is not the place to share views on it.
Let's refrain from religion bashing whichever it may be.
Lets stick to all things AV and refrain from all else

Dear Moderators,

In the interest of being Patriotic , can I request you to change the Title of this thread.
Thanks.

~ I sincerely hope some one would help Suresh Agre (keeping his self respect and dignity intact) get his wife's jewellery back as early as possible.
The US government, as per their constitution, maintains a total separation of 'state' and 'religion'
~ Yes US maintains a total separation of "State" and "religion" as per constitution but their dollar bills have "In God we trust" Slogan :)

Last edited:
Could'nt agree more with Sanjay.....People should not be giving more than Rs 2 or 5 at the temples....If they want to please the gods, there are other better ways to seek his/her favour by sponsoring somebody's education, providing food, clothing and shelter to the needy.

As far as this story goes, I think the TOI paper reported that the peon was felicitated at a function and was given Rs 51,000......Rs 100 is absurd and I think the media is simply making a story here.....
By talking about the Rs 100 reward in this forum, I think the journalist has achieved his purpose of directing hits to that webpage.....

Pray tell me, why would you even give a single rupee to a temple? What does the temple need money for? Does god need money? Personally I have never understood the zeal with which Indians go and give money to places of worship.

~ Yes US maintains a total separation of "State" and "religion" as per constitution but their dollar bills have "In God we trust" Slogan :)
True. But one can argue, that 'religion' and the 'belief in god' are not the same thing. After all, 'God' was around a long time before 'religion'. In other words, one is not neccesarily an aethiest, just because he/she does not believe in any particular religion. Secular, after all simply means, "not overtly or specifically religious", and it does not preclude the belief in 'God'. :)

I am a strong believer in a theory (self-formulated) that God does not need us and so our contributions, temples, etc., and I feel, if one believes His existence, He would be pleased to see you help other human beings, just like this one. As a law of nature, one gets paid what he deserves somewhere, in some way, form or fashion. This has happened to me, where employees with my previous employer used to brood ever single day on their low salaries, but I strongly believed that as long as I am sincere to my work, I will definitely get what I deserve and it worked for me!

Yes, humanity exists and it will, regardless! I am definitely confident that this good soul will get himself paid at some point in his life and will lead a very happy life! A deaf cannot hear, dumb cannot speak, and likewise only a few can understand the very meaning of human life and humanity. If we dont understand or recognize that factor, we would be discussing it here in a AV forum, thanks to you all, and I dont know whether the good soul has access to internet or not, but he would be definitely recognized by a whole lot of people like us.

I hope every participant or reader of this thread makes every initiative to help others around you, especially the needy!

Cheers!
Very well said.

Why not? HFV is neither facebook nor we in Pakistan to think about restricting such debates. No one has been offensive and this has been discussed outside the AV in the chitchat area.I think there is no problem with that.

RELIGION With all due respects to all communities in this great Democracy, the one in which the Constitution allows freedom to practise one's religion - Please note that "HIFIVISION" is not the place to share views on it.
Let's refrain from religion bashing whichever it may be.
Lets stick to all things AV and refrain from all else

Couldn't agree with you more! (Infact, karma makes more sense imo) Still, the holy wealth piles up day by day and so does the holy bribes...

hehehehe! -

and i thought that god was accessible to all his subjects!-

* Rs 10 Lakhs and above: 3 Days accommodation in VIP Suite for family (5 or less) and admission for Archananantara Darsanam three times for a family (5 or less) in a year. 20 small laddus, 10 mahaprasadam packets and one vastra bahumanam once a year. One gold coin (5 g) and gold coated silver medallion during the first visit. The privileges apply during the life time of the donor or 20 years in case of companies. Income tax benefit is applicable under Indian law for these donations

* Rs 5 Lakhs to Rs 10 Lakhs: 3 Days accommodation for ARP/VIP Suite for family (5 or less) and admission for darshan (Cellar Vaikuntam) three times for a family (5 or less) in a year. 10 small laddus, 5 mahaprasadam packets and one vastra bahumanam once a year. One gold coin (5 g) and gold coated silver medallion during the first visit. The privileges apply during the life time of the donor or 20 years in case of companies. Income tax benefit is applicable under Indian law for these donations

* Rs 1 Lakh to Rs 5 Lakhs: 1 Day accommodation for ARP/VIP Suite for family (5 or less) and admission for darshan (Cellar Vaikuntam) for a family (5 or less) once in a year. 6 small laddus and one vastra bahumanam once a year. The privileges apply during the life time of the donor or 20 years in case of companies.( Dammit - INCOME TAX EXEMPTION is not available for the poors and the beggars!!! (we may be rikshaw pullers and poors - BUT WE ARE NOT BUGGERS!!! {FAMOUS MALAYALI MONOLOGUE! - BUGGER = beggar .... hehehe :))

sounds like a popular commercial venture!

Last edited:
Hi,

I definitely agree with you on this, Sir, and as a social machine we are paralyzed in lot of ways.

Probably I belong to the strengthened lot now (I doubt so as I have not even settled). I have been this way even when I was a nomad literally in 2002, earning as much as 1.5K as a stipend, I did volunteer and donate as much as I could. I dont want to go further, as this thread is not about me and I dont claim that I am a good fellow by doing so and would not expect anyone to call me so!

Helping others not necessarily involve pecuniary, volunteering in social work, etc., there are lot of ways and lot of options available. I believe that despite bust at work/studies/financial commitments, I am able to listen to music, buy equipments, watch TV, movies, probably will seek girlfriend, get married, etc., so I myself definitely have time to help others as well.

In my "wrong" perspective, Gods/temples, etc., are only created to aid in survival of the needy. Because in ancient times, temples were used as a shelter for homeless and provided food for those who were disabled. I believe still there are lot of people who gets benefited from the Church/synagogy/temple they are under.

Every participant here is right in his own way, so am I. As far as I go, If you say, God is there, yes he is, and I see Him in around me in a lot of ways, not necessarily in a temple. For me, God can be directly accessed by me and I dont need any interpretors or agents or a building or a membership and probably I found Him a long back.

You can always fill an empty cup but not one which is already filled, I am a filled cup!

I do not want this thread to go into a serious discussion about what exists and what does not, right and wrong and spoil the very purpose of its creation!

@Suri, yes - I could get a tax benefit up until I made my donations through a "Branded" NGO, whose VP owns a car which I cannot buy with my 4-year salary. I used to get invitations and coupons and gifts from the NGO. I stopped it some time back for several reasons and now I let my donations get "taxed."

Cheers!

Last edited:
As far as this story goes, I think the TOI paper reported that the peon was felicitated at a function and was given Rs 51,000......Rs 100 is absurd and I think the media is simply making a story here.....
By talking about the Rs 100 reward in this forum, I think the journalist has achieved his purpose of directing hits to that webpage.....

Hi,

Thanks for this news. As I mentioned earlier, the good soul is taken care of! The society has just made a fine human being!

Cheers!

Hi,
In my "wrong" perspective, Gods/temples, etc., are only created to aid in survival of the needy. Because in ancient times, temples were used as a shelter for homeless and provided food for those who were disabled. I believe still there are lot of people who gets benefited from the Church/synagogy/temple they are under.

probably I found Him a long back.

hi svenkateshsmart -

that is the essence !

when we find someone that we can help -

we must pull out all stops - and help that person

whether he/she accepts our help is immaterial -

we must do our duty in this world:) - AND THAT IS GOD

regds
suri

Friends, the thread is moving dangerously close to explosion, and I must request everyone to back off.

Though Chit Chat we can discuss everything, let us not get into topics that could hurt others sentiments such as religion, caste, language, etc. Though I did make two posts in this thread, I saw further discussions becoming troublesome.

As I said, I want all members to back off.

Cheers

sounds like a popular commercial venture!
As someone once said, "Nothing sells better than sex & religion". The two, oldest and most profitable businesses. My personal observation, during my life time, has been, the more immoral & corrupt, society gets, the longer the lines at places of worship.

I am again making my request. All members please back off on ANY discussion on religion. I will be forced to close the thread otherwise.

Cheers

Friends, the thread is moving dangerously close to explosion, and I must request everyone to back off.

Though Chit Chat we can discuss everything, let us not get into topics that could hurt others sentiments such as religion, caste, language, etc. Though I did make two posts in this thread, I saw further discussions becoming troublesome.

As I said, I want all members to back off.

Cheers
I appreciate your concerns regarding this thread, but no one has mentioned or selectively targetted any particular, religion, caste or language. Almost all posts have been made about religion in general and thus should not be offensive to anyone. But then agin, you do have a point, that such debates can very easily veer off and become quite nasty.

PS: My post above was made without my having read your post. It is only after I had posted that I saw your post.

What irked me was the last paragraph, where the owner offered the honest peon Rs. 100, for returning jewellery worth Rs. 27,00,000

We don't do good deeds for rewards do we ? I don't think the peon would have had any monetary expectation when he was returning the gold.

Whats the whole point of discussion here ? Why should good deeds be rewarded with money at all ? Its should be rewarded by another good deed, to the peon or someone else, maybe in the future.

We should be driven by our value system. If you find something valuable, you should return it because its your responsibility, not because you expect something in return.

"In battle, in the forest, at the precipice in the mountains, On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows, In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame, The good deeds a man has done before defend him - Bhagavad Gita

most churches and mosques are built on private land,
if that is the argument, then govt should apply this policy to all those worship places of pre-independence era which are built on public land...irrespective of religion.
So that brings the question - Are we really secure?

because they are illegal, are built on public/government land.
When did they become illegal? Did they become illegal all of a sudden or post year 1947? these worship places/sites existed long before our consitution was formed.

there should be one rule for all and all for one Nation. But here most of the rules written or modified or re-written are to influence VOTE BANK.

Another rubbish govt. subsidy is for Amarnath Yatra, what good is govt achieving by doing this? pleasing GOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back