Indian DIY Speakers and cross over network

Went through the whole thread. My main rig is a Norge 2060 paired to a Marantz 6007 and a SMSL c 200 DAC.

Plan is to build a system 3way system powered by an built around the toshiba 2931 IC and speakers sourced from Dooge.

I have a plan for the 3 way cabinet, and my carpenter will build it using 18mm MDF.

Want to get inputs on the cabinet measurements.

Made the ones below using an online calculator.

Attachments

• IMG-20230328-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230328-WA0001.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20230328-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230328-WA0004.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20230328-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230328-WA0002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20230328-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230328-WA0005.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 18
Went through the whole thread. My main rig is a Norge 2060 paired to a Marantz 6007 and a SMSL c 200 DAC.

Plan is to build a system 3way system powered by an built around the toshiba 2931 IC and speakers sourced from Dooge.

I have a plan for the 3 way cabinet, and my carpenter will build it using 18mm MDF.

Any advice suggestions?

Last edited:
Hey friends.. I recently knew about Doogesound speakers. They are in budget but some DIY maker recommended me Rebel Audio drivers but they are out of stock, some recommended me Hivi, peerless and Sb acoustic but they are almost expensive as same as branded speakers.

Can anybody share Doogesound sound and drive quality

Can i use component car speakers, tweeters and crossovers (JBL GTO690) to make bookshelf or towers as many using car subwoofers for home purpose!!!

(Some YouTuber recommended me Alpine speakers and MTX subwoofers).

Thanks in advance!

Doogesound has better build quality and sound compared to Sweetone\Zipp or other "Made in India" Drivers.
Peerless ,SB are very expensive ,So Doogesound should win the race, I coudnt find any better names from India.If there any please share.
1.Doogesound
2.Audioex speakers are decent quality, Tried their speakers and good VFM.. Nice build.

+1

I loved the speakers from them, used them for a build. But I would pick only Woofers from them, the mids and tweeters are pretty meh. Wouldn't recommend the crossovers from them, the sound is pretty harsh with all above combination.

Not all is perfect with them, if one company sells all three products, Woofer, mid range and tweeter along with crossover the sound quality should be better. I would just pick woofers or subs from them. Full range units also look promising.

There is one more online seller, doogesound. Their products are even better. Some products are marginally expensive but the sound quality and build quality is even better. They even provide all things needed to build a speaker minus the plywood or mdf including screws. Their crossover networks are worth a mention and sound superb. I would spend more on such crossovers as they make or break the sound.

They even have plans in some cases, which suggests which tweeter, woofer or midrange to use. And give a crossover suggestion.

Hello,
I had spoken with them for buying some of the woofers for a DIY project during post pandemic days. They said they do-not carry all stock due to COVID delays and suggested to buy Ahuja instead. They said Ahuja also makes nice drivers. Just thought of sharing.
However later on did not do the DIY as then decided to buy Lyrita and Mickey Registrars tandem speakers.
Thanks-

Hello, Aditya, how is the sound quality of your speaker set?

I purchased a pair of 6 inch full rangers for installing in car 4 months back. Yet to do it though.
Thinking of buying their 10 inch ones to try an open baffle as sealed will take lots of space
If am not wrong, open baffle requires lot of space. For example you need to place the speakers 3feet away from back and sides of the walls. Please cross check once before you land up spending money.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back