Indian Music That We'd Love To See On Vinyl!

malvai

Banned
Banned
Hi guys!
Just wanted to compile a list of musicians/bands/artists that we all would like to see being released on Vinyl... as most of the stuff being released is the typical bollywood fare...

So here is my recommendation:
1. Indian Ocean - ALL albums are good... and I personally wold buy 2 copies of each!
2. All the COKE Studio Pakistan seasons on Vinyl! (again, I'd buy 2 copies of each! )
3. All the 'Great Indian Rock" compilations done by Levis/RSJ
4. Trilok Gurtu albums!
5. Traditional Bengali Music, Rabindra Sangeet, Baul etc (i find most music from Bengal to be very rich!)
6. Carnatic Music (not too familiar with names of artists but, whatever I have heard has been mesmerising... despite the crappy recording standards...)

Now over to you guys! Do note, that while I have a particular liking and hence have listed out my wishlist, I would urge you to list out more genres!

Last edited:
Kailash Kher - Kailasa. Will gladly buy two copies:)
Rabbi Shergill - Avengi Ja Nahin (provided it is remastered for vinyl)

I would like Indian classical compositions by Kavilya Kumar Gurav, Pushkar Lele, Sreevalsan G Menon. Iyer Sisters etc. For songs I like the voice of Bela Shende, Shankar Mahadevan, some pakistani artists. http://www.hifivision.com/music/2946-south-indian-carnatic-classical-music-23.html

more as I remember...

Bro why don't you produce an album. You worked for a music channel. Right ?
:)

I am seriously thinking about this Hiten... let's see how it pans out!

The only problem is getting the old masters tapes and then re-working them.... while one can get the master tapes, India truly does not have any of the old sound editors... the new ones, can't handle tape... and dont have the relevant experience & expertise... so will have to send them abroad...

let's see how it goes!

Kailash Kher - Kailasa. Will gladly buy two copies:)
Rabbi Shergill - Avengi Ja Nahin (provided it is remastered for vinyl)

Kailash Kher's Kailasa will come out soon on Vinyl... flipkart is already taking pre-orders (have already signed up for one!)

here is the link:
Flipkart.com: Kailasa: Music: Hindi Vinyl 2011

dunno if it is remastered especially for vinyl, but i'd assume that it has decent mastering standards...

I'd like to have as many of the well recorded and pressed Hindustani classical vinyl records as possible. There are actually too many to name, but if needed, I can come up with the artistes, and some specific recordings.

Regards.

PS: I thought I already posted the same thing just a few minutes ago, but I do not see my post :sad:. So posting again.

Indian rock is now really coming of age!

I had lost all hope for it, after watching the poorly produced, conceived and made Coke Studio/MTV India production... but today, my heart lifted up...

In the morning I went to a music store after a long time, and what do I find?

a whole bunch of Indian (hindi) bands. new ones. i thought the trend began with and ended with the big 3 of the genre ~ Indian Ocean, Rock Machine/Indus Creed & Euphoria. On an impluse I bought two CDs (and thus effectively ending my 5 yr hiatus of not buying CD's!).

The two bands in question:
1. Faridkot, album called 'Ek' - this is pretty good stuff.
2. Advaita, album called 'grounded in space' - this is truly superb!

i wish these were available on Vinyl...

yes i am also the biggest fan of indian music and i like it so much and all the hindi songs in Mp3 are my most best kumar sanu is one of the best singer of indian music industry whom inspired me so much and thanks you have share indian music here

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back