Indian Speaker Manufactures

saketgyani

Hello!
Just about a year ago, I purchased my first ever HiFi system. Modest but nice.

Before that I was in college in Pune and we always went to Shisha Jazz Cafe for their Thursday night jazz gigs. When there were no gigs, the owner of the cafe (Mehdi Uncle) used to play Jazz stations from jazz radio.com. Shisha was my baptism into Jazz. I couldn’t help but notice that every instrument was separated really very well when through their overhead Cadence Speakers. Well, they were bookshelf speakers but they had suspended them from the ceiling alongside the beautiful Persian(?) carpets (also suspended from the ceiling)
That was one of the times I was fascinated by an Indian speaker manufacturer.

Back in 2008, I had a gap year and worked at a BPO in Bombay where I met a guy who manufactured speakers. I don’t recall his name but do remember that the speaker company was called Magma. I hadn’t seen those speakers but was fascinated by how passionate he was about speaker design and how he romanticised the entire process.

I would like to know about such companies and be able to audition their offerings. Could you guys suggest more such brands and how to audition their products?

There is already a dedicated thread on Indian brands:

Magma you are referring to is user in this forum. He owns soundfoundations which is mainly into making speaker stands, racks, cables, power distribution and isolation equipment. I have a pair of his DIY speakers but don't think they were made for commercial use.

There is already a dedicated thread on Indian brands:

Magma you are referring to is user in this forum. He owns soundfoundations which is mainly into making speaker stands, racks, cables, power distribution and isolation equipment. I have a pair of his DIY speakers but don't think they were made for commercial use.
Oh wow!
This is an amazing thread.
Thank you! =)

Hello!
Just about a year ago, I purchased my first ever HiFi system. Modest but nice.

Before that I was in college in Pune and we always went to Shisha Jazz Cafe for their Thursday night jazz gigs. When there were no gigs, the owner of the cafe (Mehdi Uncle) used to play Jazz stations from jazz radio.com. Shisha was my baptism into Jazz. I couldn’t help but notice that every instrument was separated really very well when through their overhead Cadence Speakers. Well, they were bookshelf speakers but they had suspended them from the ceiling alongside the beautiful Persian(?) carpets (also suspended from the ceiling)
That was one of the times I was fascinated by an Indian speaker manufacturer.

Back in 2008, I had a gap year and worked at a BPO in Bombay where I met a guy who manufactured speakers. I don’t recall his name but do remember that the speaker company was called Magma. I hadn’t seen those speakers but was fascinated by how passionate he was about speaker design and how he romanticised the entire process.

I would like to know about such companies and be able to audition their offerings. Could you guys suggest more such brands and how to audition their products?
By any chance was the company you are trying to remember called Nibanna?

And person you are referring to his name was Vaibhav?

By any chance was the company you are trying to remember called Nibanna?

And person you are referring to his name was Vaibhav?
No, it was Magma Speakers.
Also had their business card with me for three years during my college time. The card had images of wooden cabinets, drivers and tweeters. Mostly green colour palette.
Unfortunately I can’t seem to recall the guy’s name. He wasn’t Vaibhav for sure.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back