Inner and Outer Sleeves

Recently I was searching for inner sleeve,outer sleeve as well as the replacement for LP hard outer cover.I got a contact through our own threads I believe of a Mr. Vijayan, mobile no.9443202128 who also supplies all the above mentioned sleeves.I spoke to him and he sent me all the above three products at one of the most competitive prices. All were sent by courier and I paid after receiving the same.The antistatic sleeves were amazing,and all the 3 sleeves were perfect fit. Seeing the same one of my friend also bought it.Its excellent and I will not hesitate to recommend the same.I will attach pictures very soon.

Mr Vijayan has always been very popular on this forum. He was a member but can't see him now.
A search for "vijayan" will throw up many threads.
I have also used his products and find them very good.
Recently I was searching for inner sleeve,outer sleeve as well as the replacement for LP hard outer cover.I got a contact through our own threads I believe of a Mr. Vijayan, mobile no.9443202128 who also supplies all the above mentioned sleeves.I spoke to him and he sent me all the above three products at one of the most competitive prices. All were sent by courier and I paid after receiving the same.The antistatic sleeves were amazing,and all the 3 sleeves were perfect fit. Seeing the same one of my friend also bought it.Its excellent and I will not hesitate to recommend the same.I will attach pictures very soon.

Hi, I am from the state of Meghalaya and I am new in preserving LPs which are left behind in ruins by my elders and relatives. Recently I have managed to gather all I could find and started the process of cleaning and restoration. Most of the covers are pretty worn and some are beyond repair. My main aim is not to play the records regularly but preserve them and prevent them from further deteriorating. So I ventured into internet to find Inner and outer covers. To my surprise, the ones found on Amazon and Aliexpress are way to costly (in the name od audiophile, I think) and I did not want to spend a huge sum. My search landed me here and found Mr. Rikhav. He has everything that is needed to preserve and restore LPs and his pricing are the cheapest.
View attachment 30215
What is more surprising is that I ordered him few items and he sent it before I could pay! The consignment landed here at my doorstep withing 3 days! Amazingly fast and beats Amazon! The same day I was struggling with Amazon's POD which disappeared at check out (did you guys notice? I always order through POD as their delivery is faster then the prepaid). I guess Amazon should learn a thing or two from Rikhav!! Now that ebay is shutdown, I really don't know what will happen next to online shopping.
I am requesting him to print some LP covers for me and he agreed. I will be receiving soon. I hope it will be ok.

Lucky you - about the LPs!
Btw, I spent most of my childhood in Meghalaya, and naturally have nostalgic memories of places there.

Given the importance of sleeves/outer cover in keeping the LPs in pristine condition, I also approached FM @rikhav. The experience was a breath of fresh air. Not only he waived off the minimum quantity order condition, he invoiced after I had received the items. It speaks volumes about his character, his love for this forum and respect for the other FMs. Kudos.

The packing was excellent with each item packed separately. Also, each item was bunched together with a paper band which kept the sleeves aligned together. (Sorry, in my excitement to see the items, i tore open the parcel and so could not pull any photos).

The sleeves (inner and outer) are excellent quality and reasonably priced. The inner sleeves fit the LPs nicely and the outer sleeve are able to accommodate double LP albums. The outer sleeves (which I ordered) are zip lock ones and the edge having the lock are a couple of millimeters longer. As a result the cardboard covers sit a lower height then the lock which ensures that one does not have to struggle for locking the outer sleeve. Thats good thinking.

Great products, excellent prices and outstanding service.

Given the importance of sleeves/outer cover in keeping the LPs in pristine condition, I also approached FM @rikhav. The experience was a breath of fresh air. Not only he waived off the minimum quantity order condition, he invoiced after I had received the items. It speaks volumes about his character, his love for this forum and respect for the other FMs. Kudos.

The packing was excellent with each item packed separately. Also, each item was bunched together with a paper band which kept the sleeves aligned together. (Sorry, in my excitement to see the items, i tore open the parcel and so could not pull any photos).

The sleeves (inner and outer) are excellent quality and reasonably priced. The inner sleeves fit the LPs nicely and the outer sleeve are able to accommodate double LP albums. The outer sleeves (which I ordered) are zip lock ones and the edge having the lock are a couple of millimeters longer. As a result the cardboard covers sit a lower height then the lock which ensures that one does not have to struggle for locking the outer sleeve. Thats good thinking.

Great products, excellent prices and outstanding service.

If you could share some pictures it would help all, especially zip lock

That is absolutely good looking. The zip lock will help prevent dust even if records are kept in the open. Are the inner sleeves made of anti static material?

That is absolutely good looking. The zip lock will help prevent dust even if records are kept in the open. Are the inner sleeves made of anti static material?

Yes sir. @rikhav has confirmed this. This was the main reason for opting for this inner sleeve. The material is not transparent but translucent. However, the LPs looks beautiful sitting in there.

Hi
FRIENDS
Having learnt from HFV about Mr. Rikhav I contacted him and told him to send me some antistatic inner sleeves for lps ..Yesterday I received those. I am happy to receive such a good stuff. Those are even better than the stuff that he used to make formerly. The product arrived in due time. What pleases me along side having such good stuff is the good behaviour of Mr Rikhav. I am indebted to HFV for informing me about this gentleman.
Regards
Bhaskar

Paper Inner sleeves received from Mr. Rikhav
Received paper sleeves from Mr. Rikhav yesterday. Extremely good.
The courier was delivered in very good packing.
I like paper sleeves better. Prepared some myself but did not have the finish like these from Rikhav. The size of the sleeve is perfect for LPs. The beauty of these sleeves is the rounded edges which makes it very convenient to use.
Photos of the sleeve attached.
I thank Rikhav for the idea of this wonderful product.

IMG-20190119-WA0006.jpgIMG-20190119-WA0005.jpgIMG-20190119-WA0007.jpg

So I'm a repeat customer of rikhav. When I was living in Mumbai, I had ordered inner and outer sleeves. Now I've shifted to Chennai, and I recently ordered some more inners. He has 3 types of inner sleeves depending on price and quality.

I ordered the one which I thought I would like, which is the best quality one he has. It arrived within two days. The quality is excellent and so good that I had to order a lot more just to replace my older LP inners now. As these got over I immediately ordered another set of inner and outer.

Rikhav is a treat to deal with. His shipping is excellent and " customer service" which we lack in India in general, is just great.

I've started to slowly replace all my inner and outer covers with rikahavs cover's. Because the quality is that good. It's taking up a lot of my time, but it's worth the effort. Thank you so much @rikhav

Have ordered Inner Sleeves, PVC Outer Jackets and TT Cork mat from Rikhav. The quality of all the products are top-notch and worth the price (which is reasonable) but above all is the kind of service provided by Rikhav. Always prompt in communication and accepts payment only after the product is delivered in a proper condition.

I ordered the outer sleeves and inner paper sleeve with poly lining. Instead of buying 50 twice I bought a 100 at a time. Shipping is expensive so it actually works out cheaper buying more. Still cheaper than the imported version.
Both sleeves are great . I'm quite happy with it. As the others said, he shipped it before payment. It's fine with me but I hope someone doesn't take advantage of that. Taking time to use them. All albums need to be washed thoroughly before going into a new sleeve. Takes time !
Very down to earth chap. Nice dealing with Rikhav.

+1 for @rikhav . I had the good fortune of sampling some of his outers though never ended up buying them since I got some Jap ones instead. His service, communication and intent is A+.

+100 for @rikhav 's sleeves. I've bought a lot of outer and inner sleeves from him, and the quality is superb. He has both normal thick plastic outer sleeves as well as a ziploc version. The dimensions were perfect too, and he makes them according to whether you want them to "hug" the LP cardboard sleeve tightly or leave some space on the edges. I opted for the latter as I wanted them to be protected well and not squeeze the cardboard. The ziplocs are great for valuable LPs, and they can hold double LPs too.

Last but not the least, it's a pleasure interacting with and buying from him :) as many others have mentioned above.

@rikhav is a gem of a person from a different planet. He's so soft spoken, friendly and helpful !! Even after insisting he didn't send me any invoice or payment details till the goodies I requested were almost delivered. After 4 days of whatsapp messages, he created this feeling that I had known him for ages.
I ordered 50 inner sleeves and 50 outer sleeves for the cover. Also, 10 blank jackets.
Amazing quality & perfect fit. My library has a new shine now, all thanks to Rikhav

Also, he recommended me this cork mat for the platter (Rega Planar 1). And I now know why he recommended it. There's this noticeable warm tone to the music, now that I'm placing the records/vinyls on cork instead of the default felt mat.

Thanks a ton Rikhav. I am looking forward for more help from you.

Am spending time spin cleaning records..

I must say the outer sleeves from @rikhav is excellent even better than the ones from outside I used to use.

These are thicker..sized beautifully..the record goes in and out of the outer sleeve without effort..

Regards

Till recently I used to purchase inner and outer sleeves from Amazon US at quite a steep cost. That was because I did not find (or perhaps look hard enough) good quality sleeves in India.
51FMyI51ByL._AC_SL1500_.jpg611r1OZmcZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

But recently I was introduced to Rikhav and decided to try out his offerings.

Outer Sleeves:

Rikhav has a range of outer sleeves on offer and on my request he send me a sample of each. I was initially drawn to the the ziplock sleeves as that meant full dust protection. But later dropped the idea as I already have a good covered shelf to store my Vinyls.
Interestingly his most premium offering is a PVC sleeve. It has a math finish and smells like, well PVC. Initially I had rejected it because I wanted a clear sleeve. But gradually it grew on me. I thought I will give it a shot with a small batch. To Rikhav's credit he warned me that there are some people who claim that using a PVC outer sleeve is detrimental to the vinyl disk inside. I could not see the logic of this claim and placed my order. Now it is about 4 months since I have been using them and I have to say I am quite pleased (and the smell is gone). Here are some sample pics
IMG_20200605_113942.jpg
IMG_20200605_114039.jpg
IMG_20200605_115247.jpg
Nice edges of the PVC sleeve. In comparison the edges of the BCW sleeves get crumpled and scratched with use.
IMG_20200605_114652.jpg
Another view. My only critique on the PVC sleeve is that the outer edges are not always uniformly cut. A few sleeves were a bit off if you look carefully.
IMG_20200605_114708.jpg
The BCW clear sleeves are not so clear after a few months of use.

Overall I am quite pleased with Rikhav's PVC sleeves and I think they offer superb value.

Inner Sleeves : This time I went for Rikhav's most premium offering without even trying out the others. I must say that I am super impressed with them. Really good fit and finish. Let the pics do the talking.

IMG_20200605_120555.jpg
Very good quality paper used.
IMG_20200605_120752.jpg
IMG_20200605_120618.jpg
Nice low friction lining inside
IMG_20200605_120722.jpg

In my opinion Rikhav's inner sleeves are brilliant and offer an astonishing value. I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back