Inner sleeves for LPs

kuruvilajacob

Dear vinyl lovers,
Storing your LPs safe from dust and fungi in dusty and places where humidity is high is a big challenge. Some years back, I decided to separate records that I wanted to sell from my main collection. From the time I started collecting, I used to make in inner sleeves from newspaper and also used plain polythene and anti static inner sleeves. So before separating the ones I wanted to sell, I used to play all the record's one or two songs. I discovered that the ones in newspaper inner sleeves had no fungi at all while both the other covers had fungi deposits and sounded blurred and the stylus was getting dirty too. So it was clear paper inner sleeves were the winners. So l recently purchased newspaper paper waste. That is, unused newspaper rolls. This is virgin paper. I don't make them into former inner sleeves by cutting and pasting as it time consuming. I have mastered by folding them in the required shape. I would have made a video of this practice but unfortunately was involved in an accident and my right hand in plaster for 3 weeks. I will demonstrate after I am out of plaster.

Dear vinyl lovers,
Storing your LPs safe from dust and fungi in dusty and places where humidity is high is a big challenge. Some years back, I decided to separate records that I wanted to sell from my main collection. From the time I started collecting, I used to make in inner sleeves from newspaper and also used plain polythene and anti static inner sleeves. So before separating the ones I wanted to sell, I used to play all the record's one or two songs. I discovered that the ones in newspaper inner sleeves had no fungi at all while both the other covers had fungi deposits and sounded blurred and the stylus was getting dirty too. So it was clear paper inner sleeves were the winners. So l recently purchased newspaper paper waste. That is, unused newspaper rolls. This is virgin paper. I don't make them into former inner sleeves by cutting and pasting as it time consuming. I have mastered by folding them in the required shape. I would have made a video of this practice but unfortunately was involved in an accident and my right hand in plaster for 3 weeks. I will demonstrate after I am out of plaster.
Sorry to hear the news sir.Get well soon and do make a video when possible and share.
Thanks and regards
Thomas

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Dear vinyl lovers,

Sir,

Sorry to hear that you had an accident.Wish you get well soon back to your normal routine.Wish you good health and wellness.

Regards,
pksnathan

Dear Jacob ji, sorry to hear. Please take care and I wish you for the speedy recovery. Also, eagerly awaiting your demo video.

Best Regards,
Sunder.

Sir, Is this cover suitable for every day usage? it's ok for long time storage of the records. But in frequent usage, I thing the 'micro paper particles' will be lodged in the grooves, every time we have to clean the paper dust . Isn't it Sir?

Thank you.
Sunder.

Sir, Is this cover suitable for every day usage? it's ok for long time storage of the records. But in frequent usage, I thing the 'micro paper particles' will be lodged in the grooves, every time we have to clean the paper dust . Isn't it Sir?

Thank you.
Sunder.

Whenever it is taken out, you should use the anti static brush or similar brush to remove any dust particles if visible. But I have not had any problems using this paper . I have been using newspaper inner sleeves for ages and I have not seen it deteriorate. Also, it has an adsorbing nature which keeps moisture away IMO

what about 'butter paper?' wasnt that used as inner sleeve with success during vinyl era?

Butter paper does rip (tears off) very easily so maybe now since we have other options it's not used so commonly

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back