Installation of HTIB

dhingrasud

I have recently bought HTIB Yamaha YHT 3072, and has setup 3 front speakers successfully myself. 2 rear speaker is yet to be installed. The showroom personnel said an engineer can visit and charge 2500/- as installation charges and wiring charges extra. I don't want to pay installation charges of 2500/- with cable charges extra if required. Our society electrician can route the speaker wires to the rear position of my living room in 250/- only. I'll then calibrate the speakers using YPAO. Don't have much idea regarding how far the speakers needs to be, its direction, etc etc. I guess I'll have to youtube and Google up to read about the same.

Is it advisable to DIY this job with help of society electrician who don't have any idea of Home Theater (Rs. 250/-) or an experienced (?) engineer visit is recommended (Rs. 2500/-)?

I am from Chandigarh btw.

Society electrician is enough. Install the speakers so that they roughly point to your ears in intended sitting position, and you will be good. Distances are configurable in AVR so no need to worry about that.

Really, society electrician is enough? That's a relief to know. We have wall at the back, left and right side of sofa in living room. Shall I mount both surround speakers at each corners at the back with placement height between sofa height or ear height and ceiling height?

Since the whole family would be watching movies/tv together and that includes my parents and kids, and our sofa is U shaped. How do mount surround speakers on back wall considering that? Do I need to move Sofa ahead a bit, considering there is less space and it won't look good.

And any guidance about front and centre speakers?

Last edited:
For rears, since you will be right next to it, mount on backwall and slightly above sofa height. Pushing sofa slightly ahead will be better for sound effects.
For fronts, mount at front wall at ear level.
Place Center channel as close to screen as possible. If possible, raise it slightly from front so that it points to your head in sitting position.
Place subwoofer anywhere its convenient for you.

Back