Integrated Amplifier for Polk R200

@prozkater would suggest get a separate streamer if not the DAC.
You can easily swap just the amp and not worry about the built in streaming features.

If you go with Audiolab or Cambridge which have a good dac, specially the audiolab. You can get something like the WiiM mini player, connect the optical and you are good to go. It even has its own DAC but IA's would have a better DAC. Supports major streaming services, and cost is very cheap. You can order from them directly with free shipping.

You can easily swap just the amp and not worry about the built in streaming features.

If you go with Audiolab or Cambridge which have a good dac, specially the audiolab. You can get something like the WiiM mini player, connect the optical and you are good to go. It even has its own DAC but IA's would have a better DAC. Supports major streaming services, and cost is very cheap. You can order from them directly with free shipping.

Thanks, let me also know if you want to part ways with your audiolab too :D

+1.
Since the Audiolabs have a decent DAC, buy a cheap streamer like the one Amrut mentioned/DNS AS2/Chromecast Audio/Arylic/Allo, etc., and you are good to go.

also about the r200 vs the 12.2, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could shed a light on their strengths and weaknesses, my ears says 12.2 but brain says r200 😩

My suggestions:
DAC/preamp: Topping E50
Power amp:. Topping PA5

For a SOTA ultra low noise performance.

(FMs are welcomed to disagree with this 'chi-fi' suggestion. It may not be audiophile....but Hi-fidelity it is ;))

My suggestions:

(FMs are welcomed to disagree with this 'chi-fi' suggestion. It may not be audiophile....but Hi-fidelity it is ;))
Interesting, but I think I am already sold for the Audiolab😀😀

My suggestions:

Do you own the PA5? Ever heard and compared with the Audiolab, Marantz or Cambridge?

Can you describe the sound signature? Differences?

@prozkater adding more confusion to the mix, Leak 130 is available at a crazy price with Revolver club.

@prozkater adding more confusion to the mix, Leak 130 is available at a crazy price with Revolver club.

thanks for the heads up, I did some research on the topping pa5 and e50 stack and read some good user reviews for both diamond 12.2 and r200, so i went ahead and purchased the topping stack, will give my impression of the same once they arrive :)

thanks for the heads up, I did some research on the topping pa5 and e50 stack and read some good user reviews for both diamond 12.2 and r200, so i went ahead and purchased the topping stack, will give my impression of the same once they arrive :)

That escalated quickly!
Congratulations, waiting for initial impressions.

That escalated quickly!
Congratulations, waiting for initial impressions.
Thanks, I browsed almost all audio stores online yet I forgot to checkout therevolverclub, their peachtree sonadac which is on sale is pretty tempting. Will post initial impressions on the topping stack soon. Now that the amp section is solved, I am yet to decide between the 12.2 and r200. Help pls😬

Now that the amp section is solved, I am yet to decide between the 12.2 and r200. Help pls😬

The stack is so small you can carry it in backpack and go to Audition the speakers :p

Speakers are the most important criteria, even if you have to travel between cities do it if schedule permits.

The stack is so small you can carry it in backpack and go to Audition the speakers :p

Speakers are the most important criteria, even if you have to travel between cities do it if schedule permits.
Indeed, I wish I could go for an audition or something. The nearest city which sells audio stuff is in Guwahati (audio vision India) which is approx 470km away (Around 10-15k up-down flight charge), add to it accommodation, etc. I will require another 5k or so. Anyway, I am down for it and I did send an email to AudioVision India on whether they stock the r200 and 12.2 and if it will be available for auditioning but no response from them so far.

I believe you are talking about free shipping within US.

I believe you are talking about free shipping within US.

My bad, the product is available here for $89 with discount

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back