Integrated Amps.

REDSANDERS

Hi I am Arun,

I am interested in going in for an Integrated amp + tower speakers for serious music listening ( Country, Instrumental and vocal). My budget is around 75K.

I was thinking of Denon PMA 710AE with Polk Audio RTi A7 both available at Bangalore.

Any suggestions and Alternatives please.

Thanks in advance.

Arun.

Welcome.

Great to hear you're going the stereo way.

Now, for 75k you can have a better setup than the ones you mentioned. Ok, IMO, for your budget...

Integrated Amplifiers

Marantz PM6003/PM7003
NAD 326/355
CA 650A

Speakers

Diamond 9.5/9.6/10.5
MS Aviano 6/8
MS Mezzo 6
MA RX6/QUAD 22L2 (out of your price, but excellent)

Audition extensively mixing and matching; all are available in Bangalore. You never mentioned your source.

:)

Thanks a lot, The source for both Denons & Polk were Profx, the price (75K) was based on the MRP quoted by them.

Who are the authorised dealers for the equipments you mentioned, here in Bangalore.

I will contact them.

Thanks.
Arun.

MA RX6 is priced at 86K.
NAD C355 will be around 40K.
so your budget is tight for this combination. but this combo is rated excellent.

the nad is brilliant for vocals and would suit your type of listening. if the rx6 is out of budget try the rx2

Thanks a lot, The source for both Denons & Polk were Profx, the price (75K) was based on the MRP quoted by them.

Arun.

I think Vinod wanted to ask whether you will be using CD player/PC/ something else as the gadget to play music.

Hi I am Arun,

I am interested in going in for an Integrated amp + tower speakers for serious music listening ( Country, Instrumental and vocal). My budget is around 75K.

I was thinking of Denon PMA 710AE with Polk Audio RTi A7 both available at Bangalore.

Any suggestions and Alternatives please.

Thanks in advance.

Arun.

Hi Arun,
Both the above are average.
75K will get u some decent HIFI but USED. Its not a problem at all.
Rather buy something of quality even used than mediocre gear new. This is only my point of view.
Recently a friend in bbay bought a Primare I 30 for 40K another bought the I 21 for 25K. A primare CD 31 is on offer @ 60K , a quad 909 stereo is offered @ 35K etc etc etc.
Bangalore is as good as any place in India for HIFI used or new so I dont see a problem.
I see people advocating Nad. If going Nad look for the 372 integrated or the C162/272. Both these are now out of production and may be available at sensible prices.
When buying SS amps I am a believer of bigger the better in almost all instances and I would hence suggest used 372 over new 355 for the money.
Rgds

Hi Arun,
When buying SS amps I am a believer of bigger the better in almost all instances and I would hence suggest used 372 over new 355 for the money.
Rgds

I agree with Dinyaar on NAD C372 over C355. The bigger the better is noticeable when you drive the amp at higher volumes.....

Well, I dont know if its providence or not, but I do have my NAD C372 up for sale. :)

I actually prefer giving it to somebody in Chennai (less hassles), but if there are good takers elsewhere I dont mind shipping it there.

Recently a friend in bbay bought a Primare I 30 for 40K another bought the I 21 for 25K. A primare CD 31 is on offer @ 60K , a quad 909 stereo is offered @ 35K etc etc etc.
Hi Dinyaar,
Where did your friend find such a marvellous deal? Ebay india and Indian Rupees? Have never seen these deals....lucky guy...if he's interested in selling it can I have his no? :lol::lol:
To the OP I would say that for 75k he can do much better than Denon and Polk...the NAD suggestions are outstanding as far as the electronics are concerned....for speakers the Mordaunt Short Avianos do look nice...
Regards

Well, I dont know if its providence or not, but I do have my NAD C372 up for sale. :)

I actually prefer giving it to somebody in Chennai (less hassles), but if there are good takers elsewhere I dont mind shipping it there.

Hi vortex

how much u selling it for ? which year model ?

few days back, I had audition of monitor audio Rx6. I didnt like them. i found bookself Rx2 much better than Rx6 but still not upto my taste. again its personal taste. you must audition before you buy.

Monitor Audio speakers are very very good if amplifier matching is good. Otherwise they can sound bright and unpleasant. I own Monitor Audio Silver RS1 bookshelf. Presently, I use it with NAD amplifier C355BEE. The combo is very good at all listening volume. RS1 with Marantz amplifier/AV receiver, the midrange sounds very nice and romantic at moderate volume but at high volume the high frequencies become bright. But i must say, if you are a romantic person, you simply fall in love with the Marantz & RS1 combo at moderate volume. Try to listen for a longer duration.
Regards,
Partho.

I have a question for thevortex. You have NAD C372. Hope you have listen to NAD C352/NAD C355BEE also. Is C372 better than 352/355 in terms of musicality?
regards,
Partho.

I listened monitor audio Rx6 + NAD C355 combo for over 2 hours. I went for the audition with lot of expectations. but believe be, not good musical experience. new RX series is not good. i found bookself RX2 better than Rx6. But still not upto the mark..

Monitor Audio speakers are very very good if amplifier matching is good. Otherwise they can sound bright and unpleasant. I own Monitor Audio Silver RS1 bookshelf. Presently, I use it with NAD amplifier C355BEE. The combo is very good at all listening volume. RS1 with Marantz amplifier/AV receiver, the midrange sounds very nice and romantic at moderate volume but at high volume the high frequencies become bright. But i must say, if you are a romantic person, you simply fall in love with the Marantz & RS1 combo at moderate volume. Try to listen for a longer duration.
Regards,
Partho.

I have a question for thevortex. You have NAD C372. Hope you have listen to NAD C352/NAD C355BEE also. Is C372 better than 352/355 in terms of musicality?
regards,
Partho.

I have heard the C320, C325 and C355 BEE models. To me, I did not like the sound of the BEE models as much as, say the C352 or the C372. However I must mention that the only amps I have spent a reasonable amount of time with are the C355 BEE, the C325 BEE and the C372.

The C372 has a bigger and fuller sound than the BEE models and should not have a problem powering pretty much any speaker.

I do consider the NAD to be less musical than my present tube amp. But then horses for courses it has been and it will be for maybe time immemorial. :)

I have heard, from 2007 Monitor Audio speakers are produced in thair China plant only. I was the lucky person who pick up the last made in UK RS1 speaker from AP, Chennai. In my speaker the twitter can produce upto 25kHz. But in made in China RS1 model it has been extended upto 30kHz. Due to its metallic twitter and extended frequency range the sound may appear harsh with some improper amplifier. Older RS1 (made in UK) was slightly better, not on paper but on musicality. RX series I have not heard. During purchase I felt RS1 was better than RS6. Hence I went for RS1. But the little extra brightness produce stunning performance in home theatre application. Please try to audition silver series HT package alongwith MA silver series sub at AP. It is truely great.
Regards,
Partho.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back