• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Intel NUC2820 celeron htpc

AV Cables

senthil127

I was looking for a streaming media player for my tv in beedroom i was considering many option like apple tv, asus o play ,xtreamer amkette evo tv. All were in price range of 8-10k . But i came to know about this product while searching for htpc . Reviews were good .but i was skeptical about its performance .but it does it job without any hicupps. Those considering htpc mainly for watching movies should consider it .but it cant be used for playing games . I streamed 10gb 1080p movie over lan. It did it without any problem. Price. Nuc kit. -9000, ram 4gb-3000, hard disk old. Overall its a great value

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

senthil127

no i didnt check it , but important reason i inclined towards mini pc was its low power consumption, fullblown pc which i used to run 24/7 for downloading

Nikhil

Staff member
Senthil the Intel NUC platform is very good.
I have also been considering it for some time now.

senthil127

more than anything else it has IR port built in which i use it with logitech harmony to control vlc player

musicbee

Have not used the Intel NUC but have used Zotac and loved it.

Only con though is the pricing... terribly overpriced in India especially with HD graphics and i5 processor if you want more power.

senthil127

but after yesterdays apple event Apple tv with plex seems a better option at 69$ approx 4300 rs

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS