Interest check: Lynx, Zypher, Miniwatt etc

First of the DIY products is an Arjen Helder TA2020 kit with SMPS power supply. The listing should be up later today

Received the giveaway 15-0-15V, 160VA toroidal today. Thank you so much! This will go into my upcoming project.

I've decided to let the Squeezebox Duet go as well. Got it from another FM a couple of months back and never got around to setting it up. There were tentative plans of a second system, which are gone now. Will put the listing up over the weekend.

Also selling the Pulz bookshelves instead of the Sonodyne towers. The Pulz are better speakers for music but for movies the Sonodynes work better. I may decide to bundle it with the Pulz amp.

Offfss missed this thread, interested in DIY / assorted part which could be consumed into any upcoming project. :)

Offfss missed this thread, interested in DIY / assorted part which could be consumed into any upcoming project. :)

Will be putting up a list on the giveaway thread in the next week or two. Just trying to sort everything. Basically some transformers, a couple of kits, maybe some connectors and cables.

I am moving to a new house next month so whatever is left from the original list plus a few other things will get put up in the next few days. The main thing from the original list is the Squeezebox Duet. There is also a DNM Equaliser. Plus I need to scrounge through the closet to see if there are more DIY kits (there probably are) or any other components I've forgotten about (maybe some headphone stuff).

In addition, my Rethm setup will also be up for sale. The listening room in the new house is going to be too small for the Saadhanas so the speakers have to go. Will bundle the Rethm amp and cables with them.

In addition, my Rethm setup will also be up for sale. The listening room in the new house is going to be too small for the Saadhanas so the speakers have to go. Will bundle the Rethm amp and cables with them.

ohhhh.. that means another speaker and amp quest jai ?

mpw

Is the USB to optical output converter still available. Is it only a board or a finished product?

When will you be able to put a tentative list of diy kits?
Im interested in building something, after you have taken care of the input caps problem.

PS : I just want to say thanks again for donating the hovlands to me, my god they are awesome , I wont ever change those. The soundstage is simply awesome now.

Regards

Which speakers are you upgrading to?

I dont think an upgrade is on the cards (at least for my sort of listening preferences). At the level where the Saadhanas are, one has to spend very serious money to get an upgrade

I'll look for a bearable compromise rather than an upgrade. Maybe the Rethm Trishna or a good bookshelf. Haven't given it much thought yet. Also depends a bit on whether I end up keeping the amp or not. If I do, the Rethm Trishna is an easy option - well suited to my room size. Even if I am changing the amp, the Trishnas would be high up on the list.

Hi Jai
Having heard the Saadhnaas ,I have a gut feeling that treating the room would be the best compromise.
cheers
himadri

Went to have another look today and spent some time to work through various permutations/combinations but there doesnt seem to be any practical way of accommodating the Saadhanas in that room. The only option is to put them in the hall - something I want to strictly avoid as I listen to a lot less music that way.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back