Internal voltage conversion 110->220

Srinath_seshadri

Open up the cover and look for things like what is in the picture.
I have done this on 1 receiver, and have looked at it several times in others in the course of working on it.
The manual may say some details too. But the giveaway sign, boards and transformers with 220 solder points.

Cool.
Srinath.

Attachments

• Nad_t742.jpg
    Nad_t742.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Nad_T742_2.jpg
    Nad_T742_2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 75
The pics cant be made bigger.
But in the first pic, the unused fuse holder and the un used solder point say 220v.
In the second pic, there are 3 transformer pins, and one is left un used.
The left and center pin are 110, left and right pin are 220.
If you measure resistance between those 2 - power should not be connected and you should probably remove that circuit board so make sure something else isn't intervening, then you'd see the resistance from left to right is twice that of the center to left.
If you put 110 to the left and center, you'd measure 220 left to right pin. Of course be very careful, when you do this, and better to disconnect the secondary from the load too.
Cool.
Srinath.

No I am trying to show people how to wire a 110 to a 220.
I have done on 1 amp, but seen it in countless others. Which was how when my friend asked me for an amp to convert, I knew exactly what to get.
Anyway that amp is a nad t 742. I believe my house has a 220 feed to the dryer. I can rig it to run an amp. I may convert it and check it. But I have to fix it first. That is far from certain.
Cool.
Srinath.

Missed your post while I was editing... looks like NAD T-742 A/V receiver... see the attached image wired for 220V ;)

Attachments

• inside-all.jpg
    inside-all.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Oh yea cool. Duh, I should have looked for a nad 742 converted to 220.

Then, lots of other amps are that way. I've run across many, but from now on I'll keep that in mind and post here what amps are that way.

Cool.
Srinath.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back