Intro to the HiFi community.

farouk

Hi All,
I am Farouk,a mad ' bawa ' from Hyderabad.I am crazy about music and I am crazy about cars. A serious listener of everything from beethoven to the beetles and most everything in between.I may not be an audiophile throwing high- funda words around but am pretty much a stickler about how my music sounds. Recently we made ourselves a new home with a dedicated music room (23'x16'x10'high p.o.p false ceiling) and am in the process of setting-up the system and the 'room'.I have been to sites like GIK Acoustics etc. where they market sound absorbing panels made of some special foam.I believe this foam is quite different from the types available in the local market.Will greatly appreciate it if someone can throw some light in this regard and it's availability in our country. CHEERS.

Welcome to the HIFI World ......
za2.gif
123.gif

@Spiro .... Where is your Trademark .... :D

Welcome Farouk.
Pls visit the thread about Room Acoustics for your views on room treatment.

Why dont you take some pics of your room and post it.

Have a great time.

Welcome to HFV, have a great time!

Cheers,
Shriram

Welcome to HFV.
Don't know about GIK Acoustics panels but you may contact Hyderabad Insulations Corporation for similar panels.

11-4-650/15/5, 1st floor
LAKDI-KA-POOL, MASAB Tank Road
Hyderabad - 500 004 ( A.P )
Phone : +9140 23307462 / 23307396

Last edited:
farouk,

I see my self in similar situation like you about room treatment. With respect to my rest of the system, I am pretty much fixed no more upgrades for now. May be I will think about cables in future, But for now room treatment is the way to go.

I also see you are in hyd. Where do you live in hyd.
I stay in Jubilee hills, Near Padmalaya studios in hyd.

Thanks
Pandu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back