Invention audio power conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I paid close to 34 K (including priority shipping) for this device. I am certainly happy with its performance. But, it does not feel good to pay say 3X to 4X the price - I feel cheated. There are other devices in the market which do the same thing, but call themselves appropriately as "distribution boxes", and are priced at about 9K. If the circuit is no more than that used in a distribution box circuit, it is not appropriate to package it into a big, mostly empty box, and charge a huge amount by calling it a "power conditioner" when it is no more than a EMI/RF filter. That is the bone of contention here.

Interesting. Would it be possible to open it up and share a pic of the insides?

MaSh

Somebody else has already shared the pic of the insides, earlier in this thread.

Yes, but I am not sure whether it is from their own unit. If you could post from your own unit, it would leave no doubts. That is only if you can.

MaSh

I think Invention Audio is free to charge what they want. You and I can’t decide what he should charge. Members, in many cases, have tried/heard his power conditioner and then bought it. They obviously thought it was worth the price.

Reactions: arj
I think it's not correct to say these things about Invention Audio simply because of what you see inside.

If you open JBL or Wilson or Tannoy or Merlin.. other highly branded speakers... What are they on the inside ?

Wood
Foam
Speaker drivers
Nuts bolts
A pcb
Few resistors etc..

Would you pay a few thousand dollars for those ?

Kindly introspect.

Western intellectual and economic domination is based on brands and "copyright ".

If Invention Audio were a western brand.. Maybe you wouldn't have opened the cabinet ?

On the Naim forum.. There the englishmen pay GBP 1000 for what is A Star wired power strip.

And the company charges gbp 300 extra to upgrade to plastic looking footers..

I am laughing my guts out.. :)

I think it's not correct to say these things about Invention Audio simply because of what you see inside.

If you open JBL or Wilson or Tannoy or Merlin.. other highly branded speakers... What are they on the inside ?

Wood
Foam
Speaker drivers
Nuts bolts
A pcb
Few resistors etc..

Would you pay a few thousand dollars for those ?

Kindly introspect.

Western intellectual and economic domination is based on brands and "copyright ".

If Invention Audio were a western brand.. Maybe you wouldn't have opened the cabinet ?

On the Naim forum.. There the englishmen pay GBP 1000 for what is A Star wired power strip.

And the company charges gbp 300 extra to upgrade to plastic looking footers..

I am laughing my guts out.. :)

I say YES and NO

Yes. A pair speakers of 65Lakhs and a BMW 5 series of 65 lakhs. No comparison at all. Cause the kind of R&D going thru, the kind of direct and indirect Ancillary factory space, direct and indirect employment, inventory, working capital, kind of engineering involved I can keep on adding. That's why I just don't to buy super expensive speakers.

No. The European or western brands owners are not member of this forum and discuss here and sell their products to their co forum members who are inturn friends. Also even the western brands dose not have this much % of profit.

Moreover they have created their brand value non dependent of forum. Tomorrow if someone wants to sell they will get some value back.

If I do the cost break down of invention audio product and their sale price OMG. The best part is the cost difference of ₹6000/- (as I understand from here) between Indian sockets and Universal sockets is the highlight.

I feel being a forum member and by being in this crowd to promote his product with an unbelievable margins he should refund the buyers after retaining development cost, COM and descent profit.

This gesture will really help him to get his goodwill back.

It's purely my opinion.

Well, I paid close to 34 K (including priority shipping) for this device. I am certainly happy with its performance. But, it does not feel good to pay say 3X to 4X the price - I feel cheated. There are other devices in the market which do the same thing, but call themselves appropriately as "distribution boxes", and are priced at about 9K. If the circuit is no more than that used in a distribution box circuit, it is not appropriate to package it into a big, mostly empty box, and charge a huge amount by calling it a "power conditioner" when it is no more than a EMI/RF filter. That is the bone of contention here.

It is not simple 3X or 4X it's much much greater than that.

I say YES and NO

Yes. A pair speakers of 65Lakhs and a BMW 5 series of 65 lakhs. No comparison at all. Cause the kind of R&D going thru, the kind of direct and indirect Ancillary factory space, direct and indirect employment, inventory, working capital, kind of engineering involved I can keep on adding. That's why I just don't to buy super expensive speakers.

No. The European or western brands owners are not member of this forum and discuss here and sell their products to their co forum members who are inturn friends. Also even the western brands dose not have this much % of profit.

Moreover they have created their brand value non dependent of forum. Tomorrow if someone wants to sell they will get some value back.

If I do the cost break down of invention audio product and their sale price OMG. The best part is the cost difference of ₹6000/- (as I understand from here) between Indian sockets and Universal sockets is the highlight.

I feel being a forum member and by being in this crowd to promote his product with an unbelievable margins he should refund the buyers after retaining development cost, COM and descent profit.

This gesture will really help him to get his goodwill back.

It's purely my opinion.

The potential owner tried it and liked it

He paid for it as he thought it worked for him.

This is not a case of selling a lemon.

But a case of the buyer liking the product

My opinion sir.

Regards

When we buy something, we buy it for the benefit and not for the cost of parts. As a buyer its our job to do a due diligence on what we buy and for the seller to sell at the price he wants to sell. its economics

Using the same Logic we must all be returning and stop buying aerated soft drinks since the cost is less than 25% of what they charge..in fact we pay them to hire a filmstar to advertise it to us and it does not even do what its advertised to !

But again, if a sellers is overcharging , its only a matter of time before someone makes the same and sells it for a lower price.

The very purpose of this forum is value addition by sharing experience/knowledge by each member to the fellow members.

If he has sold it as a manufacturer/brand not being in the forum it's different.

Being in the forum as a fellow member and doing this is diluting the very purpose of forum.

The potential owner tried it and liked it

He paid for it as he thought it worked for him.

This is not a case of selling a lemon.

But a case of the buyer liking the product

My opinion sir.

Regards
Yeah My Opinion Too..
If you go by the actual costing , How much do you think the iPhone would cost ?
He provided them with audition and buyer paid only after seeing its worth. What about the countless hours of R&D to decide what board and material is suitable & what is the refinement one is looking for ? So price is what the seller decides & we have a liberty not to buy.

I was impressed with the conditioner in the first instance, it was better than my Furman and impressed with improvement in overall fidelity. Simple EMI /RF might have been the culprit in my system who knows ?

The only question of contention I guess is if the company lied about the specs, which then is a sad on the buyer irrespective of his liking the product, as he paid for something which is not there.
I guess nothing can be done about it.
If the company used the forum to garner some business, then now it is also facing the flak and getting some negative publicity as well,, which I think kind of balances things out.

Regarding pricing, it is purely a seller's domain. There are a number of very high priced products in the market and also pushed through this forum, are they VFM is purely a view the buyer has to take.
The same holds true for Classifieds also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back