Ipod Toch, PSP as a remote ?

Spidey

I was wondering if it is possible :

a ipod touch in my hand with wi-fi enabled.

A recieving dock with wifi enabled.

So sitting on my bed with my ipod touch in my hand , can i play the music over the Ipod Dock?
Which docks support this ??

I was wondering if it is possible :

a ipod touch in my hand with wi-fi enabled.

A recieving dock with wifi enabled.

So sitting on my bed with my ipod touch in my hand , can i play the music over the Ipod Dock?
Which docks support this ??

Xtreamer supports remote over your wifi network, and the controls are well defined to be used with your Iphone or ipod touch.

The PSP can do this with the PS3 over wifi. The PS3 screen comes up on the PSP and you can play media remotely. The audio/video can be selected to output from the HT connected to the PS3 or streamed to the PSP.
It is also possible to do the same over internet. This way you can stream content on your PS3, to your PSP while sitting at a different location, diff house, city, country...

Yes.. both are correct.

But i want a no-frills solution.
Can i run a ipod dock or anything else with just the iPod touch in my hand ??
( too lazy to get up !)

thanks

does it let you browse the files and select the song you want to play, without having the TV/ proj on?

No it doesn't work as the display device but as a pure remote control with the touch control which adds to the cool quotient of your setup.

If you are looking for controlling Media Player Classic from iTouch/IPhone then see this. Here you can browse for files in your iTouch itself.

If you are looking for controlling XBMC, then you need this application for iTouch (it costs $3) on iTunes store. There are also some free applications but with these you can only control XBMC ( cant browse for files)

If you are looking for controlling iTunes or AppleTV, then you need this (its free) Here again you can browse for files in your iTouch itself. The interface is just like the iTouch music player.

Hope this helps you & others looking for a similar solutions!!!

Found a very nice way of controlling Foobar with iPhone/iTouch, here, this plugin for foobar enables you to control its media library through the Apple's Remote application which is primarily used to control iTunes on a PC from iPhone/iTouch.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back