Is After Sales Service a Myth or Reality??...my worst experience with SAMSUNG

hmm quite logical...I think stabilizer should be good enough, which I believe everybody has...

I think a UPS from the likes of APC would do well for LCD/plasma TVs. Since they are digital devices, a sine wave UPS even won't be needed unlike amplifiers and receivers. But an inverter or power back up is probably a bad idea.

And about warranty. IMHO always go with a dealer that provides extended warranty. My microwave had some power issue recently. It was after an year, so out of manufacturer warranty. But I'd 2 years extended warranty. So the dealer made payments for the repair. It wasn't easy nor fast. Took about a week. But better than having to shell out money from your pocket. And for a TV if possible go with a 5 year extended warranty :)

I think a UPS from the likes of APC would do well for LCD/plasma TVs. Since they are digital devices, a sine wave UPS even won't be needed unlike amplifiers and receivers. But an inverter or power back up is probably a bad idea.

And about warranty. IMHO always go with a dealer that provides extended warranty. My microwave had some power issue recently. It was after an year, so out of manufacturer warranty. But I'd 2 years extended warranty. So the dealer made payments for the repair. It wasn't easy nor fast. Took about a week. But better than having to shell out money from your pocket. And for a TV if possible go with a 5 year extended warranty :)

Hmm, seems like I need to do some research on this area on backup for TV's

You are right extended warranty is the way to go, not sure if anyone giving 5yrs extended warranty on TV's, if they are why not? I feel a bit safe with my decision to go for extended waranty from CROMA, Hope they dont make me go through similar things though.

With whatever happened to my TV, Now I think I should take the extended waranty for my Dell laptop as well..btw I heard their DELL CS is very good.

Really sad to hear all this !! I had bought a Samsung 26" LCD for my parents 6 months ago. And now I' afraid to listen all these scary things.
Not sure, if it would help or not....but why not directly write to their CEO and also to their local email support.
We can even provide a link to this thread. (I have already written an email to CEO citing the worst after sales services in India)

Contact CEO:- https://contactus.samsung.com/custo...tionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=592&PROD_ID=G303850

Contact Email Support:-
Email Product Support - Samsung

I have sent an email to the CEO, along with the link; Emailing to product team may not work as I can't find my 43D490 model in the list...:annoyed:

Last edited:
I have sent an email to the CEO, along with the link; Emailing to product team may not work as I can't find my 43D490 model in the list...:annoyed:

Guys well some response atlast; I got a call from a Noida number claiming they are from SMASUNG CEO team and that they have recieved the complaint mail..asking if the issue is resolved already? I have informed them that I have not got any ETA for resolution as of now.

He assured me that the issue would be escalated now and would be resolved by tommorow...:D

I have good things to say about LG service. Our washing machine is more than 10 years old and i always get good service from them. I think LG must be the only brand that has 'good' after sales service.

Earlier we had BPL and it was horrible to get things done... no doubt the brand has almost disappeared from India.

I think the main problem we have in India is that there is no disincentive for bad service. If they behave like they do in India, they have to pay hefty compensation and upper management would also be jailed. In India they know that they can get away with bad service.

Last edited:
I have good things to say about LG service. Our washing machine is more than 10 years old and i always get good service from them. I think LG must be the only brand that has 'good' after sales service.

Earlier we had BPL and it was horrible to get things done... no doubt the brand has almost disappeared from India.

I think the main problem we have in India is that there is no disincentive for bad service. If they behave like they do in India, they have to pay hefty compensation and upper management would also be jailed. In India they know that they can get away with bad service.

Well I have nothing from LG as of now; hearing for the second time here in this thread about LG service being good.

Very true there is no disincentive for bad service, something which is very much neccessary, Like I have seen after my car comes back from service, the feedback I give matters so much to the company, if I give anywhere near 8 (out of 10), I get multiple calls enquiring for reason and at time offering free waterservice etc.. to make up for mistakes (if any),..probably something that Maruti's pressure for customer satisfaction may be...

Hope others can take a leaf out of this and improve their service...

Btw my issues still continues to remain..No I got a call today offering a backup LCD TV which was promised on Friday.

Issue just started when the guys came to deliver, I was told it would be 40", but what they came with was 32" or 26" something like that without any standby and the delivery guys started packing my 43" PLASMA, So I have to call their service manager, start everything all over and they have now left with the backup TV and promised to come back with a 40" most importantly with a stand...

Can't see how they cannot know that what was promised by thier own resources, not sure what they expected me to do with a TV without a stand, considering I have not wall mounted by PLASMA??...:mad:

They still do not know how long it would take to fix my PLASMA, they have again started of by saying 1 or 2 days...not sure when will that day come...

You name any company and their after sales service is bad , its not only Samsung.
This happens only when consumer law is taken for granted.......If you file a case against any of these corporate giants it will take decades before you get any relief...........and this is known to all these companies.......so they get full liberty to play with their consumers once their product gets sold.........

You name any company and their after sales service is bad , its not only Samsung.
This happens only when consumer law is taken for granted.......If you file a case against any of these corporate giants it will take decades before you get any relief...........and this is known to all these companies.......so they get full liberty to play with their consumers once their product gets sold.........

hmm very true; I believe even if we think so many times going for legal action...Lack of knowledge and time taken for a logical conclusion are some of the reason why people stay away from it...Time taken in our legal system is very well known though and I do not see any relief coming there...

Not sure how true is that for a consumer court, I read somewhere that you can argue your own case there...

I will second that. LG was very good when it came to Microwave oven. The magnetron conked due to some issue after about 2 years of use, and hence it was moved to attic for about 2 years. Took it to LG service recently asked them for an evaluation. The called me back the very next day, said they would replace the magnetron for about 1000 bucks inc. service charges with 6 months warranty, and asked me to pick it up the same day. Its working great now, and the oven was delivered squeaky clean, compared to its earlier state form the attic. As you can see I am very impressed. :)

I will second that. LG was very good when it came to Microwave oven. The magnetron conked due to some issue after about 2 years of use, and hence it was moved to attic for about 2 years. Took it to LG service recently asked them for an evaluation. The called me back the very next day, said they would replace the magnetron for about 1000 bucks inc. service charges with 6 months warranty, and asked me to pick it up the same day. Its working great now, and the oven was delivered squeaky clean, compared to its earlier state form the attic. As you can see I am very impressed. :)

hmm So its more LG; strangely there isnt single positive feedback on Samsung...

For now, just looking at the Blackbox...Wondering when it will start working again...

I have wrote to the CEO link once again as below; as I got a email for feedback:

" Well I am not sure, what to rate in the feedback email I recieved; as I am being proved everytime I interact with the service team that, I should not be going for this brand ever again.

I was promised a backup LCD TV of 40" and what they brought yesterday was 32" without a stand, obviously they should be knowing that my PLASMA is not wall mounted, afterall the engineer visited on Monday.

Again they have taken it back with another promise of 40" with Stand for today.

But no answer for when my PLASMA will start working again..will it?"

Misery continues...

btw, Anyone has any link for SAMSUNG South korea...Don't think escalations in INDIA is working?

10 days, yet to get a ETA???:mad:

Ok ....... try out one thing ..... its proven to be quite effective in the past few cases! In the email you possess of SAMSUNG CEO .... attach a link to this Thread ... maybe then, Samsung's top brass should awaken from its slumber!

But, do so in case they do not comply to what they have promised you. Give them @ 7 days time ... we are a very 'reasonable' lot :), are we not? :indifferent14:

Ok ....... try out one thing ..... its proven to be quite effective in the past few cases! In the email you possess of SAMSUNG CEO .... attach a link to this Thread ... maybe then, Samsung's top brass should awaken from its slumber!

But, do so in case they do not comply to what they have promised you. Give them @ 7 days time ... we are a very 'reasonable' lot :), are we not? :indifferent14:

Well this was already done when I sent the email on Sunday; I got a call in about an hour from a Noida number claiming they are from CEO team and the issue will be addressed on Monday...here I am still waiting for a ETA on tuesday...

My friend had a simalr problem(line in the Samsung Plasma TV). After the initial iterations, he posted in the Facebook (Sammy has a facebook page) and he got a call from the Regional Manager immediately.

Try FB power also. ~2L people following Sammy India will see your problem. They will definitely want to clean it up.

Last edited:
My friend had a simalr problem(line in the Samsung Plasma TV). After the initial iterations, he posted in the Facebook (Sammy has a facebook page) and he got a call from the Regional Manager immediately.

Try FB power also. ~2L people following Sammy India will see your problem. They will definitely want to clean it up.

Thanks PKR; I did find a link in google for but could not find it in facebook though.

I Used a new channel which seems to be working; I found their Deputy GM for customer service from LinkedIn; requested for a email id from their customer service, but they were not willing to provide that.

However since I insisted, I believe they have informed him of this escalation; I got his call twice today since then, I have a backup / standby LCD (40") at my home now and they have taken my PLASMA to the service centre.

He has confirmed that the issue would be resolved by Tommorow evening & incase of any logistics issue, I should get my PLASMA back at my place by Day After tommorow (Max)...

Atlast I can see some solution coming through...

Hi All,

I have got my PLASMA back as promised by the GM customer service on Thursday...just been keeping busy for last few days now; Hence could not update here...

As of now its working as before...

Thanks for all the support...:signthankspin:

Good to hear everything is working fine, in electronics,most providers are the same. I still have my first Sammy Plasma doing duty without any issues and it is 6 years old now. The second one is nearing 2 years no issues till now. Enjoy your TV i am sure you would not face any further issues and keep the details of all the people you spoke with carefully, just in case any further issue arises from the replaced part.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back